A boiler overheated Thursday night on the 200 block of E. Riverside Street in Williamston, alarming homeowner Patricia Murphy and her family. She said the home got “uncomfortably warm” before the boiler gauge burst.
Murphy and her family made it out of the home safely. The home appeared to have no visible damage.
“I started to feel the radiators,” said Murphy. “They were too hot to touch.” She looked down at the gauge on the boiler, and it had melted. That’s when Murphy knew it was time to dial 9-1-1.
She said she yelled to her family the radiator had blown as she was on the phone with the repair company.