- Dealing with bullies in the workplace - Boston Globe July 30, 2014Boston GlobeDealing with bullies in the workplaceBoston GlobeCarol Anne Geary is a veteran librarian who loved her profession and went back to school, while working, to earn a master's degree in library science. But her passion turned into a nightmare when, she says, she was bullied on the job to such an extent ...and more »
- Anti-bullying advocate to speak about book, experience - News-Sun July 30, 2014Anti-bullying advocate to speak about book, experienceNews-SunSEBRING — Bobbie Bean's world changed in September 2002, when his oldest son received near fatal injuries in a school fight. He's spent the last 12 years fighting to make sure the bullying that caused it isn't inflicted upon any other parent or child.
- Almost half of US kids suffer traumas; exposure linked to bullying, problems ... - The Plain Dealer July 30, 2014Almost half of US kids suffer traumas; exposure linked to bullying, problems ...The Plain DealerCLEVELAND, Ohio—Almost half of the nation's children have been exposed to traumatic experiences such as witnessing violence or living with a parent who is an alcoholic or drug addict, and these kids are much more likely to bully, repeat grades in ...
- Governor vetoes workplace bullying bill - Concord Monitor July 30, 2014Governor vetoes workplace bullying billConcord Monitor“We all know there's bullying in school, and just because someone graduates from school, doesn't mean they stop doing it, and it carries over into the workplace,” she said. “It undermines the efficiency within state government if you end up with one or ...
- Bullying: State law aims at improving system, but many local districts already ... - Kane County Chronicle July 30, 2014Bullying: State law aims at improving system, but many local districts already ...Kane County ChroniclePat Quinn recently signed legislation amending the school code on bullying prevention, but local school districts say they already are doing much of what the action requires. They already have policies on bullying. They collect data. They have ...and more »
- Spurred by daughter's experience, Racine mayor joins bullying campaign - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel July 30, 2014Spurred by daughter's experience, Racine mayor joins bullying campaignMilwaukee Journal SentinelNow, Dickert is one of more than 170 mayors across the country who signed on to the Mayors Campaign to End Bullying, a national initiative to raise awareness, foster safer school climates and work with experts to combat bullying in their school districts.Moor […]
- Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con - ChicagoNow (blog) July 29, 2014ChicagoNow (blog)Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-ConChicagoNow (blog)San Diego, CA, July 28, 2014 – In a ground-breaking event, Pop Culture Anti-Bullying Coalition brought the United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con, the first-ever pop culture panel event for the global organization. “We all love superhe […]
- There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow up - Washington Post July 29, 2014There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow upWashington PostEvery other year, the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights is required to collect data on “key education and civil rights issues in our nation's public schools.” A few years ago, the survey grew to include reports of bullying and ...and more »
- A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullying - Washington Post July 29, 2014A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullyingWashington PostTyler and Linear, who attend school in Virginia and Maryland, innately understand what government researchers recently unearthed: As girls get older, they are 56 percent more likely to report being bullied for being girls than boys are for being boys, ...Junior Giants at Boys & Girls Club of Redw […]
- The Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber Bullying - Forbes July 28, 2014ForbesThe Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber BullyingForbesI remember my first encounter with a bully – we'll call him Paul Bugbee. He chased a neighborhood friend of mine home from school for two years, shouting destructive words, despite his parents' pleas with the school and Bugbee's parents. What changed ...
- Dealing with bullies in the workplace - Boston Globe July 30, 2014