Good Samaritan bill expected to be signed into law

Capital News Service
LANSING — Two pills and a night in December of 2014 changed the lives of one Michigan family and in turn spawned an effort to help families affected by drug overdose deaths across the state. Mason Mizwicki, 16, of Watervliet, died of a methadone overdose on New Year’s Day of 2015 after a party with friends. Mizwicki took two methadone pills that had been provided by a woman hosting the party. Methadone is an opioid medication administered to reduce withdrawal symptoms in people addicted to heroin. When he began having a seizure, his friends did nothing.