Fire Breaks Out In DeWitt

Print More

Monday night a DeWitt home faced extensive damage to a fire that broke out in the early evening hours. The township’s fire department was called to the house at 1111 E. Howe Road, just east of Old US-27, at 7:34 p.m. Firefighters reached the scene and saw flames coming out of the front windows of the home. Luckily, the firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within about 20 minutes of their arrival. Firefighters from the DeWitt Area Emergency Services Authority and Bath Township Fire Department were called in for additional back-up.The homeowners were not inside the home, but were inside a pole barn located about 300 feet behind the house. The fire chief said that the couple had been out in the barn for a couple of hours and when they came back to their home, it was up in flames. The couple had two pets, a cat and a dog, but unfortunately only the dog survived the blaze. As of now, the fire is still under investigation, but it does not look like anything suspicious. The fire chief also said that the fire originated in the living room, causing extensive damage.

Comments are closed.