- WCSD No. 1 considers anti-bullying program - Northern Wyoming Daily News Worland Wyoming August 29, 2015WCSD No. 1 considers anti-bullying programNorthern Wyoming Daily News Worland WyomingWORLAND — Worland educators who are working to find a “uniform” means to get a handle on bullying may receive additional tools. Washakie County School District No. 1 Superintendent Dave Nicholas presented the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program at ...
- Back to school: Get to know the warning signs of bullying - Bend Bulletin August 29, 2015Bend BulletinBack to school: Get to know the warning signs of bullyingBend BulletinFor many children, the start of a new school year can be very stressful, especially if they've been victims of bullying in the past. Mayo Clinic Children's Center psychologist Dr. Bridget Biggs says parents and caregivers should know the warning signs ...and more »
- Let's Talk About It: Stop bullying! Its impact can last a lifetime - Sentinel-Standard August 29, 2015Let's Talk About It: Stop bullying! Its impact can last a lifetimeSentinel-StandardWhile bullying doesn't take a break over the summer, the opportunities for it definitely increase during the school year. It's important that parents and caregivers, teachers and administrators, neighbors, friends, and kids themselves understand what ...
- More Florida families homeschooling their children citing bullying and school ... - ABC Action News August 29, 2015ABC Action NewsMore Florida families homeschooling their children citing bullying and school ...ABC Action NewsBut children are out of our sights for hours, and that's when they could be the most vulnerable because of a growing issue: Bullying. It's such a problem in Florida some say their only hope is homeschool. The statistics are staggering: […]
- Anti-bullying concert brings Tony-nominated vocalist/composer back to Charlotte - Charlotte Observer August 28, 2015Charlotte ObserverAnti-bullying concert brings Tony-nominated vocalist/composer back to CharlotteCharlotte ObserverHooper and artistic director Kathryn Mahan, who produce the Sing for the Cure concerts to raise funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, came up with the idea of a similar anti-bullying concert following spiking suicide rates among teens and the suicides ...Bullying And PreventionWFAEFall […]
- Bullying of the blind intolerable - mySanAntonio.com (blog) August 28, 2015Bullying of the blind intolerablemySanAntonio.com (blog)Many people cannot conceive of the idea that a blind or visually impaired child would be the victim of bullying. Actually, children with glasses are traditionally the first individuals to be marked by bullies. The University of Bristol conducted a 2005 ...and more »
- A Parent's Guide to Managing a Bullying Child - Huffington Post August 28, 2015Huffington PostA Parent's Guide to Managing a Bullying ChildHuffington PostLosing your cool and enforcing harsh punishments are forms of counter-bullying that will generate a culture of bullying in your family. Children who are constantly being punished are more likely to grow defiant and oppositional, and turn your household ...
- Tiffany Posteraro, Girl With Vitiligo, Gets Tattoo To Stop Bullying Over Rare ... - Medical Daily August 28, 2015Medical DailyTiffany Posteraro, Girl With Vitiligo, Gets Tattoo To Stop Bullying Over Rare ...Medical DailyThe bullying and staring spurred her to turn to heavy foundations to cover the skin spots: “I tried everything possible to cover it up,” she told Woman's Day. “I got really dark spray tans and used industrial-strength foundation, the kind used […]
- Six Flags New England hosts Annual Back to School Anti-Bullying Day - MassLive.com August 28, 2015MassLive.comSix Flags New England hosts Annual Back to School Anti-Bullying DayMassLive.comRepresentatives from the foundation, which was established, in 2010, in memory of a Springfield sixth-grader who took his life after repeated bullying at school, will be present. Sheets designed to educate on how to prevent bullying in schools, as well ...WTEF to fund purchase of […]
- How to talk to your kids about bullying - KGO-TV August 28, 2015KGO-TVHow to talk to your kids about bullyingKGO-TVWhile more than one in four children say they have experienced being bullied, only 20-30 percent of those children ever report it to an adult. The startling statistic can be troublesome for parents, leaving many wondering how to know if their child is ...Study: Many kids hide bullying […]
- WCSD No. 1 considers anti-bullying program - Northern Wyoming Daily News Worland Wyoming August 29, 2015