- Elderly couple provides 'safe school' in their home: a solution to bullying? - Christian Science Monitor August 2, 2015Elderly couple provides 'safe school' in their home: a solution to bullying?Christian Science MonitorNorthleigh House School was established in 2012 to address the growing need for a safe, calm and progressive learning environment for secondary aged children who, mainly as a result of being bullied or perceiving themselves to have been so, cannot ...and more »
- Obese Kids a Universal Target for Bullies - U.S. News & World Report August 2, 2015Obese Kids a Universal Target for BulliesU.S. News & World ReportSUNDAY, Aug. 2, 2015 (HealthDay News) -- "Being fat" is seen as the most common reason why children are bullied, a new study reveals. Researchers who surveyed more than 2,800 adults in the United States, Canada, Iceland and Australia said at least 70 ...and more »
- Perceived political correctness and rights are teaching our kids to bully - Idaho State Journal August 2, 2015Perceived political correctness and rights are teaching our kids to bullyIdaho State JournalWe hear a lot about bullying these days. Is this something new or are we just hearing more about it now? If we define bullying as “One forcing his will over another's will” that is as old as human history. So, why is […]
- Lessons from bullying: Be your own champion - STLtoday.com August 2, 2015Lessons from bullying: Be your own championSTLtoday.comRegarding "Pattonville parents urge an offensive to counter bullying" (July 29): Rachel McCormick, hang in there! I too was bullied when I was in high school. It was a tough ride, but thankfully the school stepped in. It taught me to be my own champion ...
- High Desert couple tackles bullying in latest children's book - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin August 1, 2015High Desert couple tackles bullying in latest children's bookInland Valley Daily BulletinIsaac Singleton, who played Bo'sun in “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” and Michael Rooker, Merle from “The Walking Dead” each picked up copies of Amy and Chris Hernandez's children's books Jack and the Zombie Attack as well as ...
- New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullying - Tribune-Review August 1, 2015New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullyingTribune-ReviewThe New Kensington-Arnold School Board is in the process of updating policies relating to suicide and bullying. The board in July approved the first draft of an updated policy addressing suicide awareness, prevention and response. It includes links to ...
- Are You a Bullied Parent? - PsychCentral.com (blog) August 1, 2015PsychCentral.com (blog)Are You a Bullied Parent?PsychCentral.com (blog)A generation or two ago, it would have been unthinkable for children to bully their parents. Today, nearly everyone knows a parent who is bullied by his or her child. Pay a visit to your local playground or stroll through a shopping mall. You're bound ...and more »
- How to spot and deal with a bully at work - Fortune July 31, 2015FortuneHow to spot and deal with a bully at workFortuneBullying is defined by the duration, frequency, and intentionality of people in positions of power who unduly accuse, criticize, or humiliate others. It is a psychological rather than a physical process, though of course it can be both. It can take ...Editorial: Fight bullying by setting […]
- Bullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says study - Washington Post July 30, 2015CBS LocalBullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says studyWashington PostSomehow, it seems unfair. But a new study called “Survival of the Fittest and the Sexiest” published in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence has found that adolescent bullies have higher self-esteem and social status, as well as lower rates of ...Study: Bullies Have Higher Self-Esteem, […]
- Army set to crack down on cyber bullying - ArmyTimes.com July 29, 2015ArmyTimes.comArmy set to crack down on cyber bullyingArmyTimes.comCyber bullying among service members is getting out of hand, and Army leaders are calling on soldiers to straighten up — or face some career-ending consequences. In an All-Army Activities message issued Monday, the service reminded soldiers about ...
- Elderly couple provides 'safe school' in their home: a solution to bullying? - Christian Science Monitor August 2, 2015