- 'Go and kill yourself,' a Louisiana teacher told an 11-year-old student, authorities say - Washington Post April 29, 2017Washington Post'Go and kill yourself,' a Louisiana teacher told an 11-year-old student, authorities sayWashington PostFor months, an 11-year-old girl was bullied. Authorities say other students were forced to start a fight with her. At one point, they say, she was told to “go and kill yourself.” The person responsible, according to investigators, is the girl's […]
- Bullying Is Driving LGBTQ People Out of Tech, Study Finds - NBCNews.com April 29, 2017NBCNews.comBullying Is Driving LGBTQ People Out of Tech, Study FindsNBCNews.comIt found LGBTQ employees were the most likely to be bullied (20 percent) and experience public humiliation or embarrassment (24 percent), both at significantly higher rates than non-LGBTQ employees (13 percent). Nearly two-thirds of LGBTQ people ...Bullying in the tech industry is driving potential LGBT employees awayPinkNewsall […]
- Bullying in Beeville - kiiitv.com April 29, 2017Bullying in Beevillekiiitv.comIt turns out LJ isn't the only student at Thomas Jefferson Intermediate who deals with severe bullying. Thirteen-year-old David Pena, has been punched in the stomach and had foam put in his hair. His mom, Jennifer has reported the cases to the same ...
- Louisiana elementary school teachers arrested for allegedly bullying, pushing student - New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV April 29, 2017New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TVLouisiana elementary school teachers arrested for allegedly bullying, pushing studentNew York's PIX11 / WPIX-TVThe 11-year-old girl was relentlessly bullied. And the culprit, police say, were her teachers. One of them told the girl to “go kill herself” and threatened to fail other students if they didn't fight the girl, police said. […]
- High school sophomore gets local officials attention in anti - WHAG April 29, 2017WHAGHigh school sophomore gets local officials attention in antiWHAGFREDERICK, Md. - Bullying is the leading cause of death in young people between the ages of 10 to 24 years old. A local teen who experienced bullying in the past has spoken out and now he is receiving an award from Maryland officials for his bravery.
- Trump needs a better approach to immigration because bullying isn't cutting it - Los Angeles Times April 29, 2017Los Angeles TimesTrump needs a better approach to immigration because bullying isn't cutting itLos Angeles TimesNo, a federal judge looked at the administration's bullying threat to withhold funds that it had no statutory authority to withhold and declared it unconstitutional. That's the very definition of upholding the rule of law. And once again the Trump […]
- Violent bullying at Baltimore's Friendship Academy caught on video - Fox Baltimore April 29, 2017Fox BaltimoreViolent bullying at Baltimore's Friendship Academy caught on videoFox BaltimoreA spokeswoman with the Baltimore City Schools System has released a statement that reads in part: "Our school system takes all reports of bullying very seriously and all are investigated. In this case, staff members are working with the school to ...and more »
- The Surprising Link Between Bullying & Plastic Surgery - Refinery29 April 28, 2017Refinery29The Surprising Link Between Bullying & Plastic SurgeryRefinery29According to a study from the University of Warwick, bullies and those that they bully are more likely than anyone else to want plastic surgery. Researchers studied almost 2,800 teens in the U.K., analyzing emotional problems, their levels of self ...Study finds increased interest for cosmetic surgery among […]
- The 5 kinds of bullies at work - KSDK April 28, 2017KSDKThe 5 kinds of bullies at workKSDKAnd the stats back it up. According to a 2014 study from the Workplace Bullying Institute, 27% of employees say they've been bullied at work. And 75% say they've witnessed workplace bullying, according to another study from the University of Phoenix.
- Letter: Pervasive bullying must end - Greenville News April 28, 2017Greenville NewsLetter: Pervasive bullying must endGreenville NewsBullying is not an act, but a culture. It is the many ways that an individual or group exercises unfair and undue influence over another. It takes the form of physical violence, threats, intimidation, lies, rumor, gossip, or peer pressure. When you ...
- 'Go and kill yourself,' a Louisiana teacher told an 11-year-old student, authorities say - Washington Post April 29, 2017