- New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullying - Tribune-Review August 1, 2015New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullyingTribune-ReviewThe New Kensington-Arnold School Board is in the process of updating policies relating to suicide and bullying. The board in July approved the first draft of an updated policy addressing suicide awareness, prevention and response. It includes links to ...
- Are You a Bullied Parent? - PsychCentral.com (blog) August 1, 2015PsychCentral.com (blog)Are You a Bullied Parent?PsychCentral.com (blog)A generation or two ago, it would have been unthinkable for children to bully their parents. Today, nearly everyone knows a parent who is bullied by his or her child. Pay a visit to your local playground or stroll through a shopping mall. You're bound ...and more »
- Students get anti-bullying lesson in time for start of school - WTVM August 1, 2015Students get anti-bullying lesson in time for start of schoolWTVMAriel Mobley, the group's CEO, says it's important for children to know how to react should they find themselves the victims of bullying. “One thing we are stressing is to tell an adult. That is the key thing that each child should not have to handle […]
- High Desert couple tackles bullying in latest children's book - San Bernardino County Sun August 1, 2015High Desert couple tackles bullying in latest children's bookSan Bernardino County SunHigh Desert couple tackles bullying in latest children's book. Isaac Singleton, star of “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” and Michael Rooker, Merle from “The Walking Dead” each picked up copies of Amy and Chris Hernandez's ...
- U.S. school districts should do more to protect LGBT students from bullying ... - Kansas City Star (blog) July 31, 2015Kansas City Star (blog)U.S. school districts should do more to protect LGBT students from bullying ...Kansas City Star (blog)Ahead of classes beginning next month for the 2015-2016 school year, GLSEN, or the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Network, released a report showing that school districts overall in the United States don't have anti-bullying policies to protect […]
- Inspectors Accused of Ignoring Anti-Christian Bullying in 'Islamist-Dominated ... - Breitbart News July 31, 2015Breitbart NewsInspectors Accused of Ignoring Anti-Christian Bullying in 'Islamist-Dominated ...Breitbart NewsThe director the Christian Institute has written to the secretary of state, Nicky Morgan, to raise his concerns that school inspectors and the Department for Education have ignored and failed to act on the well documented bullying of Christians in ...
- How one Muslim turned a childhood of bullying into a popular children's book ... - Christian Science Monitor July 31, 2015How one Muslim turned a childhood of bullying into a popular children's book ...Christian Science MonitorA friend turned on Amin, who was 13 at the time, and started bullying him. In Ramadan, he would go to the library instead of the lunchroom so no one would know he was fasting. And when his mother picked […]
- How to spot and deal with a bully at work - Fortune July 31, 2015FortuneHow to spot and deal with a bully at workFortuneBullying is defined by the duration, frequency, and intentionality of people in positions of power who unduly accuse, criticize, or humiliate others. It is a psychological rather than a physical process, though of course it can be both. It can take ...Study finds bullies are less […]
- Bullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says study - Washington Post July 30, 2015WTOPBullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says studyWashington PostSomehow, it seems unfair. But a new study called “Survival of the Fittest and the Sexiest” published in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence has found that adolescent bullies have higher self-esteem and social status, as well as lower rates of ...Is Bullying Genetic?WTOPAdolescent Bullying: Bullies Are […]
- Army set to crack down on cyber bullying - ArmyTimes.com July 29, 2015ArmyTimes.comArmy set to crack down on cyber bullyingArmyTimes.comCyber bullying among service members is getting out of hand, and Army leaders are calling on soldiers to straighten up — or face some career-ending consequences. In an All-Army Activities message issued Monday, the service reminded soldiers about ...
- New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullying - Tribune-Review August 1, 2015