- Bullying measure cleared for House debate - DesMoinesRegister.com April 25, 2014Rainbow TimesBullying measure cleared for House debateDesMoinesRegister.comLegislation aimed at addressing bullying in Iowa schools re-emerged on Thursday, just days before lawmakers are expected to adjourn their 2014 session. Anti-bullying efforts are a top priority for Gov. Terry Branstad, but have run into trouble in the ...Gov. Patrick signs anti-bullyin […]
- Bullying episode shows out-of-whack priorities - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette April 25, 2014Bullying episode shows out-of-whack prioritiesPittsburgh Post-GazetteWhile the police and judicial authorities might consider themselves to be merely enforcing wiretap law, should not the first reaction of the principal and superintendent have been related to concern regarding bullying going on in the school? Instead ...
- Anti-bullying ad shows the real revenge of the nerds - Gizmodo April 25, 2014Anti-bullying ad shows the real revenge of the nerdsGizmodoI've seen many gloomy anti-bullying ads. This one uses humor and fear instead—and it may do the trick. The message: The nerds you're torturing today will probably end being your bosses tomorrow. And they won't forget any of the things you're doing to ...and more »
- Parents of autistic children fear their children being bullied — for good reason - Washington Post April 24, 2014Parents of autistic children fear their children being bullied — for good reasonWashington PostSo imagine how alarming it is for those parents to hear about the case of an autistic boy at Chopticon High School in Southern Maryland who was allegedly bullied and assaulted by two teenage girls. Among the alleged incidents recorded on a cellphone: a ...
- Officials facing down bullying problem at Cedartown High School - Northwest Georgia News April 24, 2014Officials facing down bullying problem at Cedartown High SchoolNorthwest Georgia NewsOfficials at Cedartown High School handle bullying as it comes up, but say they can use parents' help. “It is as much a parenting issue as it is a school issue,” said Darrell Wetherington, CHS principal. Wetherington said the school handles issues on ...
- Colorado cyber-bullying bill fails, despite initial 54-10 vote in state House - Washington Post April 24, 2014Colorado cyber-bullying bill fails, despite initial 54-10 vote in state HouseWashington PostFrom the Denver Post, April 10, 2014: A Colorado proposal cracking down on bullies who harass young people through text messages and social media has failed, shocking the bill's sponsor and prompting her supporters to say they will try again next year.and more »
- VH1's 'I Will Survive' Anti-Bullying Ad Is Great Fun, but Does It Send a Good ... - Adweek April 24, 2014AdweekVH1's 'I Will Survive' Anti-Bullying Ad Is Great Fun, but Does It Send a Good ...AdweekGloria Gaynor's disco classic "I Will Survive" gets remade as an anti-bullying anthem in this VH1 spot by Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi in Argentina, showing tormented boys and girls singing out their plans for sweet revenge in a […]
- Study: Bullied Kids at Risk for Mental Health Problems 40 Years Later - The Atlantic April 23, 2014Care2.comStudy: Bullied Kids at Risk for Mental Health Problems 40 Years LaterThe AtlanticProblem: Getting shoved on the playground, or swirlied in the toilet, called mean names behind your back, or to your face—bullying takes many forms (even more of late thanks to the Internet), and is an unfortunate part of life for many children. Some ...10 Ways Childhoo […]
- Washington School Bus Driver Accused of Bullying - ABC News April 23, 2014Daily MailWashington School Bus Driver Accused of BullyingABC NewsA school bus driver has been placed on leave while the Olympia School District investigates accusations that he bullied a developmentally disabled 14-year-old girl. The Washington Middle School student has been complaining about verbal abuse for more ...Olympia school bus driver accused of bul […]
- Bullying leaves scars into middle age - Washington Post April 22, 2014Tech TimesBullying leaves scars into middle ageWashington PostBeing bullied at the age of 7 and 11 also was associated with personal feelings of poor general health at age 23 and 50, and with poor cognitive functioning at age 50, according to the study in the American Journal of Psychiatry. Bullied children did ...Study: Childhood Bullying Victims Still Suff […]
- Bullying measure cleared for House debate - DesMoinesRegister.com April 25, 2014