- 5 Ways Childhood Bullying Affects You As An Adult, From Brain Chemistry To DNA - Bustle March 2, 20155 Ways Childhood Bullying Affects You As An Adult, From Brain Chemistry To DNABustleI was seriously bullied as a child. I've made excuses for it over the years — from “we were only tiny!” to “well, it was an all-girls school” and “I suppose I was very socially awkward” — but no kid deserves to […]
- Family forum to look at bullying, substance use - Toledo Blade March 2, 2015Family forum to look at bullying, substance useToledo BladeSpringfield Schools will host a family forum on bullying and substance abuse Saturday. Leaders in education and health care will present strategies for identifying and preventing bullying and addressing abuse of prescription medications and other ...
- Senators Threaten Budget Cuts For Schools That Don't Stop Bullying - OzarksFirst.com March 2, 2015OzarksFirst.comSenators Threaten Budget Cuts For Schools That Don't Stop BullyingOzarksFirst.comSchmitt says he will again handle legislation to require schools to have an anti-bullying policy. Such bills have stalled in past sessions over a disagreement between Republicans and Democrats about whether to specify what groups a policy would protect ...and more »
- Bully Victims and Bullies at High Risk for Suicidal Thoughts - BU Today March 2, 2015BU TodayBully Victims and Bullies at High Risk for Suicidal ThoughtsBU TodayFor the kids who were bully-victims, suicidal thoughts or behavior were about four times more likely than for the kids who were uninvolved in bullying. For the victims, it would be about two times more likely for suicidal thoughts and about three times ...Bully […]
- Iowa lawmakers try again on anti-bullying package - Quad City Times March 2, 2015Quad City TimesIowa lawmakers try again on anti-bullying packageQuad City TimesTerry Branstad has made anti-bullying programs one of his top priorities, and this year, his proposal has received more support than ever. It would train school officials on how to identify and manage bullying incidents, give schools the authority to ...Battle to stop bullies is […]
- Seven out of ten Asian students are victims of rape, bullying or other violence - Quartz March 2, 2015Seven out of ten Asian students are victims of rape, bullying or other violenceQuartzGender discrimination, it seems, starts at home and ends with further disparity—and violence—in schools. A report by the International Centre for Research on Women (ICRW) and child rights non-profit Plan International has found that seven out of ten ...
- Veteran-turned-principal vows to root out 'pathetic cowards' behind Twitter ... - Fox News March 2, 2015Veteran-turned-principal vows to root out 'pathetic cowards' behind Twitter ...Fox NewsA United States veteran-turned-principal is getting tough on cyberbullies at his school, vowing to root out the “cowards” and punish them, after about two dozen students were targeted through a Twitter account. Joshua Romano, principal of Murdock ...Veteran-turned-principal vows to root out &lsquopathetic cowards&rsquo driving ...Beacon […]
- Not putting up with bullying - Coeur d'Alene Press March 1, 2015Coeur d'Alene PressNot putting up with bullyingCoeur d'Alene PressHelping students and school district staff members learn to make "good choices" when it comes to bullying has always been one of the school system's highest priorities. But in 2013 school officials ramped up their efforts in response to several parents ...and more »
- NC mother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicide - myfox8.com February 28, 2015myfox8.comNC mother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicidemyfox8.com“I didn't want to believe it was her,” Ash's mother cried, while staring down at the memorial. “I just held her and told her I loved her until the ambulance came.” Quick said Ash's suicide was the result of years of bullying, which became worse when ...
- Study: Most People Won't Stop Online Bullies - TechCrunch February 27, 2015The InquisitrStudy: Most People Won't Stop Online BulliesTechCrunchThe study watched 221 students as they interacted in a chat room. A bully would appear and berate other members of the group. According to the study, “only 10 percent of the students who noticed the abuse directly intervened, either by confronting the ...Online Trolls, Cyber-Bullying Succeeds Because […]
- 5 Ways Childhood Bullying Affects You As An Adult, From Brain Chemistry To DNA - Bustle March 2, 2015