- X Games Aspen Kicks Off Shred Hate Bully-Prevention Campaign Tomorrow - ESPN MediaZone January 17, 2017ESPN MediaZoneX Games Aspen Kicks Off Shred Hate Bully-Prevention Campaign TomorrowESPN MediaZoneESPN and X Games have teamed up with some of the most innovative bullying prevention programs in the country – No Bully, GLSEN, DoSomething.org and Crisis Text Line – to launch the X Games Shred Hate campaign. The new initiative aims to tangibly ...
- OUR TOWN: "Buddy Benches" meant to help beat bullying - Columbia Daily Tribune January 17, 2017OUR TOWN: "Buddy Benches" meant to help beat bullyingColumbia Daily TribuneThe idea is to help eliminate bullying on elementary school playgrounds. The solution is in the form of a bench. The concept came from Holly File, a mother of a first-grader at Rock Bridge Elementary. After getting in contact with Hickman High School ...
- Small-Town Springsteen Cover Band Was Stoked for Inauguration—But Bullying Killed Their Opportunity - Independent Journal Review January 17, 2017Independent Journal ReviewSmall-Town Springsteen Cover Band Was Stoked for Inauguration—But Bullying Killed Their OpportunityIndependent Journal ReviewWhen a small-town Bruce Springsteen cover group, B-Street Band, announced that they were given the honor of performing as part of the President-elect's Inauguration, they didn't expect such a powerfully negative reaction. Yahoo! News reports that the ...and more »
- Bullying works: GM moves work from Mexico, promises thousands of new jobs - CNET January 17, 2017CNETBullying works: GM moves work from Mexico, promises thousands of new jobsCNETHis campaign of publicly bullying companies on Twitter drew attention to companies offering foreign-made "American" products on US soil. And despite what your teachers say about bullying, it seems to be working. The Detroit Auto Show was rife with ...and more »
- Get Ahead of Bullying and Hate Speech, Says Education Expert - UConn Today January 17, 2017UConn TodayGet Ahead of Bullying and Hate Speech, Says Education ExpertUConn TodayProtesters attend the Hands Off Safe Schools Rally on Swanston Street on March 10, 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. The Hands Off Safe School has been designed as a resource for teachers and students to assist with issues of homophobia and bullying.and more »
- Bullying is a worldwide problem, says new United Nations report - austin360 (blog) January 17, 2017austin360 (blog)Bullying is a worldwide problem, says new United Nations reportaustin360 (blog)The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization — known as UNESCO — released its global status report on School Violence and Bullying today. It found that about 246 million kids experience bullying in some form every year. It ...Bullies target physical appearance, ethnicity, […]
- 'Help where we need to': Miss Nebraska talks about bullying with elementary students - Omaha World-Herald January 17, 2017Omaha World-Herald'Help where we need to': Miss Nebraska talks about bullying with elementary studentsOmaha World-HeraldAfter her presentation, Peters said she is amazed how relevant her anti-bullying platform is to the many schools she visits across the state. She hears of some students taking drastic measures, including suicide, due to bullying. It can be hard for […]
- How to stand up to the office bully - Philly.com January 16, 2017Philly.comHow to stand up to the office bullyPhilly.comMolly Shepard (left) and Peter Dean (right), two of the city's premier workplace consultants pose in their Fitler Square home January 11, 2017. The husband and wife couple wrote a book called "The Bully-Proof Workplace," set for publication in March.
- Jackie Evancho and sister Juliet on bonds and bullying - CBS News January 15, 2017CBS NewsJackie Evancho and sister Juliet on bonds and bullyingCBS NewsThis Friday at noon, Jackie Evancho will be raising her voice -- and what a voice! -- to sing the National Anthem at the Inauguration. With Michelle Miller, we take note: “It's a normal sibling relationship,” said Juliet Evancho. “We have our good ...Juliet and […]
- 13-year-old hip-hop sensation shares anti-bullying message ... - 12news.com January 14, 201712news.com13-year-old hip-hop sensation shares anti-bullying message ...12news.comA Phoenix kid has a big message to share. 13-year-old rapper Frankie V, who was up for Grammy consideration for Best Hip Hop-Rap Song last year, against ...and more »
- X Games Aspen Kicks Off Shred Hate Bully-Prevention Campaign Tomorrow - ESPN MediaZone January 17, 2017