- It's time we finally acted against school bullying - Montgomery Advertiser October 30, 2014Montgomery AdvertiserIt's time we finally acted against school bullyingMontgomery AdvertiserTime and time again we have read about school bullying and the need to stop it. Yet once again school bullying has made the national news. Sayreville is a small town that could be anywhere in the U.S.. School bullying has been around for years, and ...
- Bullying in the Workplace? Half the Time the Bully Is the Boss - MainStreet October 30, 2014Bullying in the Workplace? Half the Time the Bully Is the BossMainStreetNEW YORK (MainStreet) — Office bullying is a serious problem, with 35% of U.S. employees reporting being targeted by a bully — that's 54 million workers overall. Stacy Tye-Williams, an assistant professor of communications studies and English at Iowa ...
- Little Rock Family: Bullying, what's a parent to do? - THV 11 October 29, 2014THV 11Little Rock Family: Bullying, what's a parent to do?THV 11LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - October is National Bullying Awareness month so THV11 has been talking with Little Rock Family magazine each week about in-depth information about bullying. Editor Heather Bennett sat down earlier this week with Denise ...and more »
- Houston sixth-grader writes book to help her overcome bullying - KPRC Houston October 29, 2014Houston sixth-grader writes book to help her overcome bullyingKPRC HoustonHE HAD SUFFERED FROM ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE IN RECENT YEARS. NOW TO A STORY ABOUT A LOCAL SIXTH GRADER WHO IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE WHEN FACED WITH SCHOOL BULLYING, KRISTA FOSTER TOOK TO WRITING TO HELP ...
- Bullies Outside the Classroom - New York Times October 29, 2014St. Louis AmericanBullies Outside the ClassroomNew York TimesIn the United States, it is assumed that children do bully, simply because they do. Maybe I have this completely wrong, or it could be a collision between different cultures, but I am from Sweden, and here we ask ourselves: Why do children bully? How ...We All Have a Role to Play in Stopping Bullyi
- We Aren't Doing Enough to Stop Bullying - Huffington Post October 29, 2014Huffington PostWe Aren't Doing Enough to Stop BullyingHuffington PostIn New York, for example, one of the few means to prevent bullying in public schools is the distribution of the Citywide Standards of Intervention and Discipline Measures handbook that is required to be read in class. This handbook is given minimal ...and more »
- G-RF students work to stop bullying - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette October 29, 2014Champaign/Urbana News-GazetteG-RF students work to stop bullyingChampaign/Urbana News-GazetteSocial worker Jo Ann Wilson passes out cookies decorated with blue sugar sprinkles to students at Pine Crest Elementary School in Georgetown on Tuesday as part of the Georgetown-Ridge Farm school district's first annual Stomp Out Bullying Day. Students ...ABC40
- DeSean Jackson Continues Bullying Education - Redskins.com October 28, 2014DeSean Jackson Continues Bullying EducationRedskins.comWashington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson visited Dogwood Elementary School on Tuesday to discuss his initiatives for Bullying Prevention Month. Arriving in the early afternoon, Jackson walked into the school's gymnasium to the cheers of 4th ...
- Washington School Shooting Raises Specter of Youth Bullying - U.S. News & World Report October 28, 2014Washington School Shooting Raises Specter of Youth BullyingU.S. News & World ReportLooking back on this year and many others, it seems these shootings always bring up discussion, dialogue and controversy about the following issues: guns, mental illness and bullying. Here at U.S. News, I have written about the first two, and I am ...and more »
- Ebola Bullies Shun African Immigrants in Schoolyard Panic - NBCNews.com October 28, 2014NBCNews.comEbola Bullies Shun African Immigrants in Schoolyard PanicNBCNews.comChildren from Africa with no connection to the Ebola virus have been shunned at schools across the country because of something that may be far more contagious: bullying. In New York City, two Senegalese brothers — only 11 and 13 — were beaten so ...'My name is not Ebola
- It's time we finally acted against school bullying - Montgomery Advertiser October 30, 2014