- Crane school leaders warn about popular bullying app - KY3 July 1, 2016KY3Crane school leaders warn about popular bullying appKY3Online bullying and gossiping for teens? There's an app for that and it's designed specifically for school children. The problem has gotten so bad that one Ozark's area superintendent is warning parents about the After School app. "It's a priority to ...
- Bullying, Sikh Children, And Awareness - Huffington Post July 1, 2016Huffington PostBullying, Sikh Children, And AwarenessHuffington PostAlthough I was aware of the bullying that Sikh children face, it was distressing to hear of the bullying first-hand from the children themselves. Though I also experienced bullying in middle school, I could never imagine what Sikh children with patkas ...
- Seminar focuses on stopping bullying problems - Sampson Independent July 1, 2016Sampson IndependentSeminar focuses on stopping bullying problemsSampson IndependentNow, through a series of seminars, Knowles is working to prevent the ordeals of bullying from happening to anyone else. Hosted by Fear Systems Martial Arts, one of the purposes is to instill “unshakable confidence” in participants in youths 5 to 18 ...and more »
- Tax Cuts, School Choice, Bullying Among New State Laws - CBS Local July 1, 2016CBS LocalTax Cuts, School Choice, Bullying Among New State LawsCBS LocalBULLYING: School districts must review their anti-bullying and harassment policies every three years, and integrate rules on dating violence and abuse into discipline policies. CRIME AND PUNISHMENT: Persons convicted of aggravated assault or attempted ...and more »
- Increased Suicide Risk Among Teenagers Attributed to Bullying, Warns Study - Headlines & Global News June 30, 2016Headlines & Global NewsIncreased Suicide Risk Among Teenagers Attributed to Bullying, Warns StudyHeadlines & Global NewsAccording to recent studies, bullying is responsible for affecting the victim's life as much as the bully's. The study discovered that the risk of suicide increases for both, the bully and the victim, due to bullying. By Kanika Gupta | […]
- Motivation to bully is regulated by brain reward circuits - Science Daily June 30, 2016Science DailyMotivation to bully is regulated by brain reward circuitsScience DailyIndividual differences in the motivation to engage in or to avoid aggressive social interaction (bullying) are mediated by the basal forebrain, lateral habenula circuit in the brain, according to a study conducted at the Icahn School of Medicine at ...and more »
- Senior Physicians Report Bullying From Above and Below - Medscape June 29, 2016MedscapeSenior Physicians Report Bullying From Above and BelowMedscapeNearly half of obstetrics and gynecology consultants in the United Kingdom who responded to a survey said they had been persistently bullied or undermined on the job, according to a study published online June 20 in BMJ Open. A UK medical consultant is ...
- Animal Study Finds a Brain Circuit That Spurs Bullying - Scientific American (blog) June 29, 2016Scientific American (blog)Animal Study Finds a Brain Circuit That Spurs BullyingScientific American (blog)Bullies often like being bullies—and an entire line of research links aggressive behaviors to brain areas tied to sensations of reward—sites deep below the organ's surface with names like the ventromedial hypothalamus and the extended amygdala.and more »
- Teen Bullies And Their Victims Both Face A Higher Risk Of Suicide - NPR June 28, 2016NPRTeen Bullies And Their Victims Both Face A Higher Risk Of SuicideNPRBullying and cyberbullying are major risk factors for teen suicide. And both the bullies and their victims are at risk. That's according to a report from the American Academy of Pediatrics that urges pediatricians and family doctors to routinely screen ...Bullying, Excessive Internet Use […]
- Teacher uses apples to deliver a powerful lesson about bullying - Today.com June 27, 2016Today.comTeacher uses apples to deliver a powerful lesson about bullyingToday.comA British teacher found a simple yet powerful way to show her students that the effects of bullying aren't always seen on the outside. Rosie Dutton, a coach at Relax Kids Tamworth in Birmingham, England, used a pair of apples to show a group of ...How […]
- Crane school leaders warn about popular bullying app - KY3 July 1, 2016