- Sen. Kirk Works With Students To Develop Anti-Bullying Game App - CBS Local October 25, 2014CBS LocalSen. Kirk Works With Students To Develop Anti-Bullying Game AppCBS Local(CBS) — A game app for Android smart phones has been created by kids, for kids, to combat bullying, and it's coming to a school near you. U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) said it was rough enough for him growing up as a self-described “nerd.” He said the ...
- Skateboard Company Declares War On Bullying - Forbes October 25, 2014Skateboard Company Declares War On BullyingForbesFurther, the National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice's – whose name alone indicates the direct relationship between mental health and incarceration in youth – estimates that up to 70% of youth in the justice system have a diagnosable ...
- Superintendent Bouck addresses bullying allegations in Riverside student suicide - KTVQ Billings News October 25, 2014Superintendent Bouck addresses bullying allegations in Riverside student suicideKTVQ Billings NewsSchool District 2 Superintendent Terry Bouck sat down with Q2 on Friday to discuss the changes in the handling and, more importantly, prevention of bullying in schools. Bullying is a nationwide issue that's now under the local microscope following the ...
- Mom: School bully wrapped cord around girl's neck - 6abc.com October 25, 2014Mom: School bully wrapped cord around girl's neck6abc.comPolice have become involved in the alleged assault of a student at a middle school in Perkasie, Bucks County. Valerie Rockett says her daughter has been bullied for months and that going to South Junior High School has been a living nightmare. Earlier ...and more »
- Report: School Bullying Still a Serious Problem - PsychCentral.com October 25, 2014PsychCentral.comReport: School Bullying Still a Serious ProblemPsychCentral.comAlthough enormous efforts have been made to increase anti-bullying legislation and to raise public awareness, school bullying is still one of the most urgent issues facing students, according to a report by researchers from Clemson University and ...
- Virg Bernero and Yvonne Caamal Canul: Join effort to end bullying in schools - Lansing State Journal October 25, 2014Lansing State JournalVirg Bernero and Yvonne Caamal Canul: Join effort to end bullying in schoolsLansing State JournalThe city of Lansing is proud to be partnering with the Lansing School District in a new initiative to help combat bullying in our schools and our community. With the help of The Bully Project and The Mayors Campaign to End Bullying, we will d
- Adult support of bullied LGB youths tied to fewer suicide attempts - Reuters October 24, 2014Adult support of bullied LGB youths tied to fewer suicide attemptsReuters“The findings of our study highlight the difference teachers can make in the lives of LGB (and transgender) youth who are victims of bullying,” said Jeffrey Duong, the study's lead author from the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public health in ...and more »
- Expert: Labbe's stance on bullying had 'domino effect' Expert: Labbe's stance ... - MyCentralJersey.com October 24, 2014MyCentralJersey.comExpert: Labbe's stance on bullying had 'domino effect' Expert: Labbe's stance ...MyCentralJersey.comDr. Richard Labbe, (left) Superintendent of Sayreviile Schools address the media and takes question from parents as Kevin Ciak, Sayreville Board of Education President and James Brown principal of Sayreville War Memorial
- Albany students stand against bullying with new campaign - WXXA October 24, 2014WXXAAlbany students stand against bullying with new campaignWXXAALBANY, N.Y. -- A new campaign that aims to empower Albany students to stand up to bullying kicked off Friday. According to the US Department of Education, one in four students between grades 6 through 12 have experienced some type of bullying. Albany ...Anti-bullying poster contest underway in
- Nevada school knew 13-year-old was being bullied before suicide, didn't tell ... - New York Daily News October 23, 2014New York Daily NewsNevada school knew 13-year-old was being bullied before suicide, didn't tell ...New York Daily NewsGrieving Nevada parents are suing their 13-year-old daughter's school for failing to tell them about the on-campus bullying that allegedly led to her suicide. Jason and Jennifer Lamberth said they had no idea their daughter, Hailee,
- Sen. Kirk Works With Students To Develop Anti-Bullying Game App - CBS Local October 25, 2014