- Leading by example: Anti-bullying - New Zealand Herald April 28, 2016Leading by example: Anti-bullyingNew Zealand HeraldThat was the magic formula that helped Laura Campbell bring up her 14-year-old daughter Emma Ormsby -- a girl who knows a thing or two about leadership and stepping up to support those who need help. This week the Westlake Girls High School student ...
- Ariel Winter Channels Inner 'Mean Girl' to Combat Bullying - KSBW The Central Coast April 28, 2016KSBW The Central CoastAriel Winter Channels Inner 'Mean Girl' to Combat BullyingKSBW The Central Coast“What Just Happened”: Modern Family star, Ariel Winter, has been known to stand up to body shaming and bullying in the past, but now she's playing the bully. In a video for Cosmopolitan.com, Winter flipped the script and became some of […]
- Le Antonio's Foundation launches initiative to end bullying - Jamaica Observer April 28, 2016Jamaica ObserverLe Antonio's Foundation launches initiative to end bullyingJamaica ObserverAccording to McKoy, who is also the CEO of Le Antonio Roofing and Construction Ltd, the motivation for the 'End Bullying Globally' initiative was born from an appeal from students who were participating in the foundation's homework and development ...
- Girl takes her own life after alleged bullying - KSDK.com April 28, 2016KSDK.comGirl takes her own life after alleged bullyingKSDK.comShe took her own life after her parents say she was the victim of bullying. Stephanie Clark says her 14-year-old daughter, Destiny Nicole Gleason, was an eighth grader at a new school in a new town. The family had just moved from Wentzville to Warrenton.Missouri teen killed herself […]
- WI parents could face fines for kids' bullying - Valley News Live April 28, 2016Valley News LiveWI parents could face fines for kids' bullyingValley News Live(KARE) Police in the Wisconsin city of Shawano are cracking down on bullying by punishing parents. According to the NBC affiliate WGBA, a new city law allows police to fine parents if they are told their child is acting like a bully and officers […]
- Letter: Let's all stand up to bullying - Chicago Tribune April 28, 2016Letter: Let's all stand up to bullyingChicago TribuneTwo of the most famous names associated with New York City apartment buildings have been in the news lately, and they combine to provide a teachable moment about bullying. Kitty Genovese was killed outside her Queens apartment in 1964, while ...
- Focus shifts to bullying after Wisconsin prom shooting - Myfoxspokane.com April 28, 2016Focus shifts to bullying after Wisconsin prom shootingMyfoxspokane.comANTIGO, Wis. (AP) – Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker on Monday called for a discussion on how to deal with bullying in schools after friends of a gunman who wounded two people outside a high school prom said the 18-year-old had been bullied. Authorities ...and more »
- SAISD Stays Proactive With Anti-bullying Programs - MYFOXZONE.com April 27, 2016MYFOXZONE.comSAISD Stays Proactive With Anti-bullying ProgramsMYFOXZONE.comSAN ANGELO, TX – Bullying: it won't usually make headlines, unless the act or its victims spin out of control. That is what happened in Wisconsin last weekend at a prom, when a boy opened fire and was killed by police. Classmates of the shooter say he ...and more »
- The Intractable Problem of Bias-Based Bullying - AlterNet April 27, 2016AlterNetThe Intractable Problem of Bias-Based BullyingAlterNetState and local lawmakers have put policies in place to address and prevent bullying. Many schools too have implemented interventions to improve school climate to reduce bullying behaviors. Despite these efforts, in my research and experiences in ...
- Cupertino: Student contest battles bullying with help from Sheriff's K9 officers - San Jose Mercury News April 26, 2016Cupertino: Student contest battles bullying with help from Sheriff's K9 officersSan Jose Mercury News"Bullying is something that happens commonly amongst school-age children, but children being bullied don't normally have a voice," said Cheryl Walsh of the Sean M. Walsh K-9 Memorial Foundation, which funds grants for law-enforcement agencies to ...and more »
- Leading by example: Anti-bullying - New Zealand Herald April 28, 2016