- SHOPO and Hill City Queens Social Club to host anti-bullying event - Lynchburg News and Advance July 22, 2014SHOPO and Hill City Queens Social Club to host anti-bullying eventLynchburg News and AdvanceS.H.O.P.O. (Self-Help Obtaining Positive Opportunities) and the Hill City Queens Social Club will hold an anti-bullying/nonviolence event 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hunton Randolph Community Center in Lynchburg on Saturday. Organizers aim to show youths ...
- Gettysburg Battlefield lessons aid fight against bullying - abc27 July 21, 2014Gettysburg Battlefield lessons aid fight against bullyingabc27They were school administrators and teachers from across the state, including Harrisburg and Gettysburg school districts. The training was on effective leadership but with a focus on bullying and how good leaders can prevent it. "When you get students ...Gettysburg lessons aid fight against b […]
- CSU's anti-bullying policy is not anti-First Amendment - Chicago Sun-Times July 21, 2014CSU's anti-bullying policy is not anti-First AmendmentChicago Sun-TimesChicago State University recently took significant steps to protect students and employees on campus by adopting an anti-bullying policy. In response, two faculty members filed a lawsuit in federal court claiming the policy is “aimed at squelching ...
- Columbia girl's barrette aims to solve bad hair days, bullying - The State July 21, 2014The StateColumbia girl's barrette aims to solve bad hair days, bullyingThe StateGabrielle Goodwin and her mother, Rozalynn, are pictured with their "GaBBY fun for hair" barrettes that are going to be sold in select Walgreens stores. Rozalynn Goodwin came up with the product idea after being frustrated with barrettes that continued ...and more […]
- District 303 seeks dismissal of bullying lawsuit - Kane County Chronicle July 21, 2014District 303 seeks dismissal of bullying lawsuitKane County ChronicleCHARLES – St. Charles School District 303 is asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit in which a graduate claims it – along with its school board, six drill team coaches, two athletic directors and two principals – did nothing to stop ongoing bullying and ...and more »
- Jenny McCarthy: My Son Is Being Bullied - But He Doesn't Realize It - People Magazine July 21, 2014Jenny McCarthy: My Son Is Being Bullied - But He Doesn't Realize ItPeople Magazine"My son's main goal is to make as many friends as possible," McCarthy said, before adding that she got a heartbreaking email from the camp revealing that the kids he believes are his "friends" are actually bullying him. "They're laughing […]
- Teen's suicide sparks concern over bullying in Scioto County, Ohio - WBOY-TV July 21, 2014Daily MailTeen's suicide sparks concern over bullying in Scioto County, OhioWBOY-TV"They just need to do a better job when a child comes to them and tells them stuff like that," says Jonathan's father, Randy, who stresses that bullying is going on everywhere despite some schools' attempts to educate students through assemblies about […]
- School district seeks boy's records in bullying lawsuit - STLtoday.com July 20, 2014KSPRSchool district seeks boy's records in bullying lawsuitSTLtoday.comIt accuses the school district of failing to protect their son from bullying after he came out as bisexual, which led to him taking his own life. The child's name has been redacted from online court records. The school district's request includes all ...District seeks boy […]
- 8 Keys to End Bullying: Strategies for Parents & Schools - PsychCentral.com July 20, 20148 Keys to End Bullying: Strategies for Parents & SchoolsPsychCentral.comA school playground aide sees third-grader Riley grab hold of classmate Liza's scarf and choke her with it. Riley is subsequently viewed as the bully. But is there more to the story? What the aide hasn't witnessed is the endless ridicule Riley has ...
- Workplace bullying is real, but lawmakers must respond carefully - Boston Globe July 20, 2014Workplace bullying is real, but lawmakers must respond carefullyBoston GlobeStudies show that workplace bullying can do great damage to victims, just as high school bullying does. Close to one third of Americans have suffered abusive conduct at work, while another 20 percent have witnessed it, according to a 2014 Zogby poll ...
- SHOPO and Hill City Queens Social Club to host anti-bullying event - Lynchburg News and Advance July 22, 2014