- Mental, socio-economic effects of childhood bullying lasts into adulthood: Study - Tech Times April 21, 2014Tech TimesMental, socio-economic effects of childhood bullying lasts into adulthood: StudyTech TimesA number of negative outcomes are associated with bullying. Kids who are bullied by their peers, for instance, are likely to feel depressed and lonely. Health is affected and they are prone to experiencing changes in their eating and sleeping patterns.Bullying […]
- South Fayette schools criticized for prosecuting young victim of bullying - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette April 21, 2014South Fayette schools criticized for prosecuting young victim of bullyingPittsburgh Post-GazetteTechnically, under the law in Pennsylvania, it is possible South Fayette police could have sought a felony wiretap conviction against a 15-year-old boy who recorded others in his class allegedly bullying him. But, just because it could rise to the ...Who's th […]
- Bullying Books Empower Students, Parents and School Personnel - Huffington Post April 20, 2014Bullying Books Empower Students, Parents and School PersonnelHuffington PostNancy Willard has been writing and speaking about cyberbullying since practically before the term was coined. But, like most cyberbullying experts, she knows that cyberbullying -- for the most part -- is bullying. And that -- plus a lot of research, a ...
- Bullying Guidelines Written by Bullies - Guardian Liberty Voice April 20, 2014Guardian Liberty VoiceBullying Guidelines Written by BulliesGuardian Liberty VoiceEven Cartoon Network runs a PSA telling kids to make sure that they let an adult know when they are either bullied or see someone being bullied. Recently, in Lincoln, Nebraska, an elementary school sent students home with guidelines that looked like ...Nothing innocent about it […]
- Book By Local Psychologist Focuses On Resisting, Recovering From Bullying - CBS Local April 20, 2014Book By Local Psychologist Focuses On Resisting, Recovering From BullyingCBS LocalCHERRY HILL, N.J. (CBS) – We hear a lot about bullying these days, and much of it is about reining in the person who's pushing others around. But a Cherry Hill psychologist's book works on the bully in the mirror. If somebody slugs you in the arm, you ...
- Bullying law draws skepticism, frustration - St. Cloud Times April 20, 2014Bullying law draws skepticism, frustrationSt. Cloud TimesRep. Jim Newberger, speaking in the Minnesota House earlier this month, painted a chilling picture of a bill intended to curb bullying in Minnesota schools. Newberger, R-Becker, invoked the novel "1984" and Adolf Hitler to describe the measure, which ...
- The Psychological Toll Of Childhood Bullying Can Persist For Decades - Forbes April 19, 2014NPR (blog)The Psychological Toll Of Childhood Bullying Can Persist For DecadesForbesA new study in the American Journal of Psychiatry finds what others had hinted at but not quite arrived at: That the effects of childhood bullying can last not only through adolescence and young adulthood, but also through middle age. Earlier studies ...Mental And Physical To […]
- Police file raises questions about bullying in Rebecca Sedwick's suicide - CNN April 19, 2014CNNPolice file raises questions about bullying in Rebecca Sedwick's suicideCNN(CNN) -- It is a case about alleged bullying that garnered national and international attention. Before she jumped to her death in September,12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick of Lakeland, Florida, was repeatedly bulled on- and offline, Polk County Sheriff ...and more »
- DA withdraws citation against student who recorded bullying - WPXI Pittsburgh April 17, 2014New York Daily NewsDA withdraws citation against student who recorded bullyingWPXI Pittsburgh“The withdrawal makes it like it never happened for Christian, although, he has gotten a chance now to have a podium to speak about bullying and he's certainly looking forward to the opportunity to help other kids that have been in this situation ...Criminal cha […]
- Neb. principal sorry for wrong advice in anti-bullying flier - CBS News April 17, 2014CBS NewsNeb. principal sorry for wrong advice in anti-bullying flierCBS NewsNeb. principal sorry for wrong advice in anti-bullying flier. The principal of Zeman Elementary School in Lincoln, Neb., said the wrong anti-bullying pamphlet was sent home with fifth-graders, telling them not to "tattle" on bullies. KOLN. Shares ...Parents Still Questionin […]
- Mental, socio-economic effects of childhood bullying lasts into adulthood: Study - Tech Times April 21, 2014