- Bullying data released; school district implements revamped policies - KIMA CBS 29 February 28, 2015KIMA CBS 29Bullying data released; school district implements revamped policiesKIMA CBS 29After being found in violation civil rights laws for bullying and harassment, the Yakima School District revamped its policies. Spokesperson Amy Neal says they've now created a formal investigation and action form so staff know what to do if a bullying ...
- Top Rocky swimmer pulled from state after bullying allegations - WQAD.com February 28, 2015Top Rocky swimmer pulled from state after bullying allegationsWQAD.comFleming claims he had nothing to do with the recent allegations of bullying and hazing. He says he was out of the building when his teammate was held down and given a hickey. He also says he was just present when his teammate allegedly had his head ...
- Middle-school students stand up to bullies - Alexandria Town Talk February 28, 2015Alexandria Town TalkMiddle-school students stand up to bulliesAlexandria Town TalkMore than 30 percent of middle-schoolers report being involved in bullying, whether as the victim or the aggressor, according to national statistics presented at the in-school rally. Ninety percent of fourth- through eighth-graders report being bullied ...Stamford students support anti-bullyingNews 12 Connecticutall 2 news articles »
- Parents and teachers need to work together to end bullying - Chicago Tribune February 28, 2015Parents and teachers need to work together to end bullyingChicago TribuneWith all the press about bullying and what damage it does to students' self-esteem, you would have thought that the assigned substitute teacher would have received training either in college or from the district in regards to how to prevent bullying ...and more »
- Schools fight against bullying with lessons of kindness, compassion - Kansas City Star February 27, 2015Kansas City StarSchools fight against bullying with lessons of kindness, compassionKansas City StarThe school boards associations in both states provide recommended policies regarding bullying and hazing, regularly reworked to adjust to new trends like cyberbullying. All area districts and public charter schools surveyed by The Star have policies, ...
- Anti-bullying Flint clowns hit the road to spread serious message - MLive.com February 27, 2015MLive.comAnti-bullying Flint clowns hit the road to spread serious messageMLive.comThe Mott Campus Clowns poses for a group portrait on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, in the Regional Technology Center/M-TEC building at Mott Community College in Flint. After getting dressed and taking photos, the clown troupe had two performances at the ...
- Study: Most People Won't Stop Online Bullies - TechCrunch February 27, 2015The InquisitrStudy: Most People Won't Stop Online BulliesTechCrunchThe study watched 221 students as they interacted in a chat room. A bully would appear and berate other members of the group. According to the study, “only 10 percent of the students who noticed the abuse directly intervened, either by confronting the ...Online Trolls, Cyber-Bullying Succeeds Because […]
- Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullying - KETV Omaha February 27, 2015Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullyingKETV Omaha"I just really want the parents to know we really need to talk to our kids about this bullying issue because it does scar people," Diana said. Thousands of likes and shares, including a share by Collin's Hope, an anti-bullying nonprofit run by Meredith ...and more »
- Familiar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ... - fox4kc.com February 26, 2015fox4kc.comFamiliar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ...fox4kc.comLIBERTY, Mo. — A juvenile now faces charges and legal proceedings in Clay County Family Court, related to the serious beating of a fellow student at Liberty Middle School. Liberty police investigated the assault of Blake Kitchen, 12, a student who has ...Liberty superintendent […]
- Workplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt Feelings - Huffington Post February 26, 2015Cornwall Free NewsWorkplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt FeelingsHuffington PostThe word 'bullying' is usually associated with schoolyard antics, along with negative considerations about bullies. Conversely, if the words 'workplace bullying' are coupled, then the thoughts usually developed are that a target of bullying is weak ...School Officials Let Popular Student Get Away With BullyingKSALWorkplace […]
- Bullying data released; school district implements revamped policies - KIMA CBS 29 February 28, 2015