- Kids Gather to Meet Friends and Stand Up to Bullying - WIFR July 28, 2014Kids Gather to Meet Friends and Stand Up to BullyingWIFRROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Many students have to face the cruel taunts of bullies, but one parent has taken it upon herself to make sure those kids who are picked on know they're not alone. Families came together for the second Stand Up to Bullying event at ...and more »
- Guest Column: Stop bullying my breed - The Sentinel July 27, 2014Guest Column: Stop bullying my breedThe SentinelA dog attack in Carlisle on June 20 is an all too familiar scenario for one Mechanicsburg family. Read more. I grew up with dogs. I grew up with German Shepherd/Husky mixes. Ivory was my favorite at the time, a spitting image of a wolf with an ...and more »
- Learn the warning signs of bullying - The Tand D.com July 27, 2014Learn the warning signs of bullyingThe Tand D.comChildren grow and develop their personalities in various ways. While many youngsters are teased or receive some good-natured ribbing at some point in their school careers, some teasing can eventually turn into bullying. The National Education ...Police investigating case of Year 9 SA girl taped and tied to tre […]
- 'WORDS DO HURT': Mayor wants to step up anti-bullying efforts - Mooresville Tribune July 27, 2014'WORDS DO HURT': Mayor wants to step up anti-bullying effortsMooresville TribuneMayor Miles Atkins of Mooresville said he has met talked with Lee Hirsch, founder of The BULLY Project, on several occasions and wholeheartedly endorses the project. A Hirsch documentary called BULLY delves into peer-to-peer bullying in schools across ...
- Ace Foresthill trap shooter takes aim at bullying - Auburn Journal July 27, 2014Auburn JournalAce Foresthill trap shooter takes aim at bullyingAuburn Journal“With her being comfortable in front of crowds and her past experiences with being bullied by kids and adults, she has ventured into anti-bullying and motivational speaking whenever the opportunity or need arises,” Erik Waldrop said. “Cheyenne draws ...and more »
- Roseville Karate School Empowering Kids To Recognize Bullying - CBS Local July 27, 2014Roseville Karate School Empowering Kids To Recognize BullyingCBS LocalROSEVILLE (CBS13) – When you send your kid to karate, you expect them to learn self-defense. But at Pro Martial Arts in Roseville, the mat chat goes deeper. Their ARMOR curriculum is a prevention program that gives kids like 7-year-old Scarlett Tawkls ...
- Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying Incident - DNAinfo July 25, 2014Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying IncidentDNAinfoThe challenges surrounded allegations from Ogden parent Lisa Wolf Clemente that her 14-year-old and 8-year-old sons were bullied at both campuses by classmates for their Jewish heritage. The Gold Coast resident said her teen son was shown photos of ...
- Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying education - Sun-Sentinel July 25, 2014Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying educationSun-SentinelIn 2008, Florida passed the "Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act" to prohibit the bullying or harassment of a student or employee of a public K-12 education institution in the state. Broward County was the first to implement the policy ...
- Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior? - Huffington Post July 25, 2014Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior?Huffington PostAs a result of this study and others, many workplaces have launched anti-bullying initiatives, and many states are lobbying for anti-bullying legislation (although bullying is four times more common than either sexual harassment or racial ...No tolerance for bullying, experts saySun-Sentinelall […]
- 5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace Bullying - The Fiscal Times July 22, 2014The Fiscal Times5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace BullyingThe Fiscal TimesIn the end, I learned how to stop the intimidation – a sign that this wasn't bullying, since I had the power to change the behavior. An executive coach helped me develop specific techniques to combat the guy's morale-damaging actions, which finally ...Parents and teachers don […]
- Kids Gather to Meet Friends and Stand Up to Bullying - WIFR July 28, 2014