- Winner of Albany's anti-bullying campaign to be announced Friday - NEWS10 ABC December 19, 2014Winner of Albany's anti-bullying campaign to be announced FridayNEWS10 ABCALBANY, N.Y. – Students in the Albany School District have been working on a project to stop bullying since October. The winner of the “Don't Be a Bully Campaign” will be announced on Friday. Students have been asked to design anti-bully posters.
- New Jersey anti-bullying message sinking in, superintendents say - lehighvalleylive.com December 19, 2014lehighvalleylive.comNew Jersey anti-bullying message sinking in, superintendents saylehighvalleylive.comA reported fall in violence in New Jersey schools is a sign anti-bullying measures are taking hold in students' minds, area superintendents say. The state Education Department this week released its annual violence and vandalism report. Providing an ...
- Parents allege rampant bullying at Clay County school - WTSP 10 News December 19, 2014WTSP 10 NewsParents allege rampant bullying at Clay County schoolWTSP 10 News(First Coast News) -- Parents of a student attacked at a Clay County junior high school say they are taking their daughter out of that school, fed up with constant bullying there and what they say is a lack of response from school administrators […]
- Clarksville girl's bullying experience inspires change - Clarksville Leaf Chronicle December 19, 2014Clarksville girl's bullying experience inspires changeClarksville Leaf Chronicle“I told her to cry and she opened up about not having friend and being bullied. She asked me if there was a support group she could join.” Beard said she called agencies in town in search of a bullying support group and at that time none existed […]
- Dearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at school - Detroit Free Press December 19, 2014Dearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at schoolDetroit Free PressA freshman girl at a high school in Dearborn Heights was repeatedly bullied and then assaulted because of her Arab ethnicity, according to a civil rights complaint filed Thursday. "They made me scared to walk in the hallways," said Amaya Almawri, a ...Arab-American Annapolis High School […]
- Anti-Bullying Programs Would Be Restored with New Legislation - FOX40 December 19, 2014FOX40Anti-Bullying Programs Would Be Restored with New LegislationFOX40“No child should attend school in fear of being a victim of violence or bullying,” Bonilla said in a message from her office. “Over the years funding for programs that prevent acts of violence, bullying, or any other school crisis has severely ...
- Fairfield superintendent: Rumors of bullying in teen's suicide not true - WLWT Cincinnati December 19, 2014WLWT CincinnatiFairfield superintendent: Rumors of bullying in teen's suicide not trueWLWT Cincinnati“Our teachers and administrators work daily to teach all students positive behavior and to combat bullying whenever and wherever it is witnessed or reported,” Otten wrote. “That certainly does not mean there is no bullying in our schools. It would be ...Conflicting reports on […]
- Maine Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullying of ... - Bangor Daily News December 18, 2014Maine Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullying of ...Bangor Daily NewsBRUNSWICK, Maine — In what appears to be a precedent-setting move, the Maine Human Rights Commission plans to sue the Brunswick School Department for allegedly discriminating against a former junior high school student who was bullied.Brunswick schools face Maine Human Rights Commission […]
- Mom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying - 9NEWS.com December 17, 20149NEWS.comMom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying9NEWS.comShe is a parent at Powderhorn Elementary School in south Jefferson County. She says bullying is an issue at her school like it is at every school, but, she wants parents to take time this holiday season to talk with their kids and take a more proactive ...Kolka: Parents and […]
- Did racial bullying spur girl's suicide? Dad thinks so - Cincinnati.com December 17, 2014Cincinnati.comDid racial bullying spur girl's suicide? Dad thinks soCincinnati.comSchool officials said they had no record that seventh-grader Emilie Grace Olsen, who was adopted and was of Chinese descent, reported any bullying by classmates. Early in the fall, school officials had said there had been communications from Emilie's ...Ohio 13-year-old kills self after being bullied: parentsNew York […]
- Winner of Albany's anti-bullying campaign to be announced Friday - NEWS10 ABC December 19, 2014