- Isabella Hankey's bullying suit dismissed by judge - Wicked Local Concord October 7, 2015Isabella Hankey's bullying suit dismissed by judgeWicked Local ConcordA federal judge has dismissed a $2 million lawsuit brought by a former Concord-Carlisle High School student who claimed the school department failed to protect her from bullying. U.S. District Court Judge Indira Talwani threw out the lawsuit on the ...
- New Research Is First Step To Finding Out If Anti-Bullying Legislation ... - ThinkProgress October 7, 2015ThinkProgressNew Research Is First Step To Finding Out If Anti-Bullying Legislation ...ThinkProgressNew research shows that anti-bullying laws may help reduce bullying. A study published by JAMA Pediatrics included a study of 63,635 students who attended 9th through 12th grade in both public and private schools who were participating in the Youth ...Not All Anti-Bullying Laws […]
- Nashua middle schoolers unite at event bullying - Nashua Telegraph October 7, 2015Nashua TelegraphNashua middle schoolers unite at event bullyingNashua TelegraphNASHUA - In an effort to combat middle school bullying, Pennichuck Middle School students and teachers participated in National Blue Shirt Day this week as a show of solidarity, but took the event a step further with a school-wide 3K walk/run. "It's ...Illinois School students step up […]
- Bullying prevention efforts moving forward - Newton Kansan October 7, 2015Bullying prevention efforts moving forwardNewton KansanWhile Gov. Sam Brownback recently signed a proclamation proclaiming October to be Bullying Prevention Month, work in Newton USD 373 has been ongoing to try and prevent the problem. “This week I am working on finalizing have Rachel's Challenge ...
- Lawyer says Concord-Carlisle aggressively addressed bullying claims - The Boston Globe October 7, 2015The Boston GlobeLawyer says Concord-Carlisle aggressively addressed bullying claimsThe Boston GlobeConcord-Carlisle High School administrators handled complaints of bullying and vandalism against a student who later filed a federal lawsuit against the district aggressively and appropriately, the district's lawyer, Leonard H. Kesten, said. “School ...Judge dismisses Massachusetts woman's school bullying suitWCVB Bostonall 17 news articles »
- New study on state bullying laws - KIMT 3 October 7, 2015New study on state bullying lawsKIMT 3KIMT News 3- According to a new study conducted by the Journal of American Medical Association state laws play a big role in high school students being bullied. According to a survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control in 2013, 20% of high ...
- 1000 youth take a stand against bullying - wtkr.com October 7, 2015wtkr.com1000 youth take a stand against bullyingwtkr.comThe Mayor's Campaign to End Bullying is a city-wide initiative that aims to make schools and communities a safe environment for all youth. Parents Against Bullying (P.A.B.) hopes to promote awareness about how to prevent bullying in communities.
- Celebrate National Bullying Prevention Month by Being an Upstander - Huffington Post October 6, 2015WLS-TVCelebrate National Bullying Prevention Month by Being an UpstanderHuffington PostAnd it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be there when the bullying occurs to be an upstander. "Peer reactions," said the authors, "can occur during, after or even in-between events, since a bullying incident can involve multiple separate ...Bullying Prevention = Empowered StudentsGPB (blog)Disney […]
- Pop singer spreads anti-bullying message to Baltimore County students - WBAL Baltimore October 6, 2015WBAL BaltimorePop singer spreads anti-bullying message to Baltimore County studentsWBAL BaltimoreThis includes at Warren Elementary School in Cockeysville, where teachers received help spreading an anti-bullying message with the help of pop singer and anti-bullying advocate Meredith O'Connor. "I was a victim of bullying growing up and I felt like ...Teen Pop Star Shares Anti-Bullying Message […]
- Celebrities flock to 'I'm with Lizzie' campaign to combat bullying - CNN October 6, 2015CNNCelebrities flock to 'I'm with Lizzie' campaign to combat bullyingCNNAfter chronicling her story in a 2013 TEDx talk in Austin, Texas, Velasquez is now working with some well-known faces to turn her tragedies into a triumphs against bullying. She's the subject of a new documentary, "A Brave Heart: The Lizzie Velasquez ...Lizzie Velásquez Talks Fighting […]
- Isabella Hankey's bullying suit dismissed by judge - Wicked Local Concord October 7, 2015