- Boy who committed suicide was 'attacked' by bullies, family says - WESH Orlando September 15, 2014Boy who committed suicide was 'attacked' by bullies, family saysWESH OrlandoFELT PARALYZED BY THE INABILITY TO MAKE THE BULLYING STOP AT SCHOOL. IT WAS A FEELING THAT I HOPE NO OTHER PARENT EVER HAS TO FEEL. RIGHT NOW AN EMOTION ALABAMA -- EMOTIONAL PLEA FROM A MOTHER TO END ...and more »
- Sen. Ridley Named to Governor's Youth Bullying Prevention Task Force - SurfKY News September 15, 2014SurfKY NewsSen. Ridley Named to Governor's Youth Bullying Prevention Task ForceSurfKY NewsMore than one in four Kentucky students aged 12 to 18 reported being bullied at school in 2011, and the Kentucky Department of Education recorded 15,520 incidents of bullying in Kentucky during the 2012-13 school year. That's one reported bullying ...
- Pitt County schools welcome anti-bullying tour - WITN September 15, 2014Pitt County schools welcome anti-bullying tourWITNWellcome Middle School will welcome the 90-minute, peer-to-peer interactive program Monday morning, followed by Stokes School in teh afternoon. Tour artists are expected to perform popular music while also educating students about bullying and ...Anti-bullying tour comes to Pitt Co. Middle School MondayWNCTal
- Family of Seminole County teen who killed self says bullying led to death - WFTV Orlando September 15, 2014Family of Seminole County teen who killed self says bullying led to deathWFTV OrlandoHis parents said bullying led to his suicide. "Shaq was physically and emotionally abused while at school. Many students would be just down right cruel to him," said Shaniqua Hawkins. The Seminole County Sheriff's Office is investigating the bullying ...
- Lamar Hawkins suicide: Mom says bullies won - Orlando Sentinel September 15, 2014Lamar Hawkins suicide: Mom says bullies wonOrlando SentinelHours after the parents of 14-year-old Lamar Hawkins held an emotional news conference to speak about ongoing bullying before their son's death, Seminole County school officials released a statement addressing the allegations. Lamar fatally shot ...
- Family: Boy who committed suicide was 'repeatedly attacked' by bullies - WESH Orlando September 15, 2014WTSP 10 NewsFamily: Boy who committed suicide was 'repeatedly attacked' by bulliesWESH OrlandoWe are aware the family held a press conference this morning and allegations of bullying were discussed. The School Board has a comprehensive bullying policy that is fully enforced in all of our schools. We must remind everyone that this is an ongoing ...M
- Attorney cites bullying in Seminole County teen's suicide at school - WJXT Jacksonville September 15, 2014WJXT JacksonvilleAttorney cites bullying in Seminole County teen's suicide at schoolWJXT JacksonvilleThis made him an easy target for cruel and mean-spirited bullies." Morgan said the student was bullied when the family lived in New York and came to Florida looking for their kids to have some peace, but Morgan said the bullying continued. "The
- Parents of Florida boy bullied to suicide at school had reported abuse: attorney - New York Daily News September 14, 2014New York Daily NewsParents of Florida boy bullied to suicide at school had reported abuse: attorneyNew York Daily NewsThe family of a 14-year-old who killed himself after allegedly suffering years of bullying had reported the abuse to school officials on multiple occasions, their attorney told the Daily News. The shocking claims made by Lamar Hawkins III
- Teacher learns bullying can happen to anyone - Boston Globe September 14, 2014Teacher learns bullying can happen to anyoneBoston GlobeHer multiple sclerosis was already wearing on her, and the stress from Smith's threat to oust her and the intimidation tactics of other administrators triggered seizures. Her depression worsened. She went on medical leave, bullied out of South Hadley ...and more »
- Maryland principal accused of bullying members of her staff - Washington Post September 12, 2014Maryland principal accused of bullying members of her staffWashington PostWhen a Prince George's County high school launched an anti-bullying campaign four years ago, students pledged to support anyone being harassed, to report instances of bullying and to treat others with respect. But former Largo High School employees ...Maryland principal accused of
- Boy who committed suicide was 'attacked' by bullies, family says - WESH Orlando September 15, 2014