- Conroe 4th-grader's powerful anti-bullying video goes viral - Chron.com October 23, 2014Chron.comConroe 4th-grader's powerful anti-bullying video goes viralChron.comTaylor Perkins has just started in fourth grade at Patterson Elementary School. Last year she says she faced name-calling because of her tiny 43-pound frame. This year bullies stepped it up after she befriended another student who wears braces on his ...and more »
- Orlando launches anti-bullying campaign - Orlando Sentinel October 23, 2014SHSU Houstonian OnlineOrlando launches anti-bullying campaignOrlando SentinelIt's not a normal function of city government, but Orlando launched a campaign Thursday that aims to teach both kids and adults how to stop bullying. The "Stand Up Orlando" campaign attempts to combat bullying on several fronts, starting with an anti ...Real Strategie
- Books explore the causes and consequences of bullying - Washington Post October 23, 2014Books explore the causes and consequences of bullyingWashington PostWanda Petronski is the quietest kid in Classroom 13. Her classmates pay attention to her only when they want to bully her — for her funny last name, her shabby clothes and, most of all, her absurd claim that she has “a hundred dresses” all lined up in ...
- West Mifflin Area students learn to prevent bullying - Tribune-Review October 23, 2014WLTX.comWest Mifflin Area students learn to prevent bullyingTribune-ReviewHomeville Elementary students Hayden Craycraft (kneeling), David Fleming, Carsyn Stanley and Malaya Harber put finishing touches on a student pledge featuring nearly 400 handprints in West Mifflin Area School District's anti-bullying campaign.Students Unite to Stand Up Against Bul
- Nevada school knew 13-year-old was being bullied before suicide, didn't tell ... - New York Daily News October 23, 2014New York Daily NewsNevada school knew 13-year-old was being bullied before suicide, didn't tell ...New York Daily NewsGrieving Nevada parents are suing their 13-year-old daughter's school for failing to tell them about the on-campus bullying that allegedly led to her suicide. Jason and Jennifer Lamberth said they had no idea their daughter, Hailee,
- No One Should Have to Go Through the Bullying That I Did - Huffington Post October 23, 2014No One Should Have to Go Through the Bullying That I DidHuffington PostNo one should ever experience being bullied. It's a cowardly action that unfortunately occurs all too often in our schools. According to the National Education Association, it is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of ...and more »
- Obama Administration Clarifies Anti-Bullying Protections For Students With ... - Huffington Post October 23, 2014Huffington PostObama Administration Clarifies Anti-Bullying Protections For Students With ...Huffington PostWhen a 10-year-old student with ADHD and a speech disability talks in a high-pitched voice, gym class can become a nightmare. Other students call him "gay" or a "weirdo." He becomes yet another student with disabilities who gets bul
- Student march protests bullying - Charlotte Observer October 22, 2014Durham Herald SunStudent march protests bullyingCharlotte ObserverHighland Creek Elementary 4th grader Alex Tanner leads the chant during an anti-bullying awareness week march along Highland Creek Parkway with fellow school students and students from Ridge Road Middle School on Wednesday, October 22, 2014.Middle school students unite against bullyingDurham H
- Julie Ann Horvath Discusses How Cyber Bullying Can Be Stopped - Forbes October 22, 2014ForbesJulie Ann Horvath Discusses How Cyber Bullying Can Be StoppedForbesLater the same day, a panel called STEMming the Bro-Culture featured Julie Ann Horvath, a designer and developer who was the target of online attacks and threats (warning: link contains offensive images and language) after claiming sexism drove her to ...
- Bullying blamed in the suicide of 15 year old - WZZM October 22, 2014WZZMBullying blamed in the suicide of 15 year oldWZZMMUSKEGON COUNTY. Mich. (WZZM) -- Bullying is being blamed for the suicide of a teenager from Muskegon County. The family of Heidi Horn confirmed her death Tuesday night, telling us she couldn't take the bullying any longer. Late Tuesday afternoon ...and more »
- Conroe 4th-grader's powerful anti-bullying video goes viral - Chron.com October 23, 2014