- Mineral County couple sues BOE over bullying - State Journal July 26, 2014Mineral County couple sues BOE over bullyingState JournalThe complaint, filed in U.S. District Court in Martinsburg, alleges the girl has been subjected to “an ongoing pattern of bullying, harassment, torment and persistent continual attacks” throughout the past four years and that Mineral County ...
- Florida Mayors join forces to say no to bullies - MiamiHerald.com July 26, 2014Florida Mayors join forces to say no to bulliesMiamiHerald.comI remember being followed home one day by a bully who wanted to start a fight. When I kept ignoring her, she soon turned, with her followers and went home. Unlike some of today's bullies, she didn't try to hit me. She was just all mouth, spitting out ...Rilling joins Mayors' Campaig […]
- Pop boy band mixes anti-bullying message with harmonies - Santa Clarita Valley Signal July 26, 2014Pop boy band mixes anti-bullying message with harmoniesSanta Clarita Valley SignalA screaming crowd of young female fans braved baking heat Friday afternoon to hear the five-member boy band After Romeo deliver anti-bullying messages interspersed with catchy upbeat pop tunes on an outdoor stage at Westfield Valencia Town Center.
- Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying Incident - DNAinfo July 25, 2014Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying IncidentDNAinfoThe challenges surrounded allegations from Ogden parent Lisa Wolf Clemente that her 14-year-old and 8-year-old sons were bullied at both campuses by classmates for their Jewish heritage. The Gold Coast resident said her teen son was shown photos of ...
- Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying education - Sun-Sentinel July 25, 2014Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying educationSun-SentinelIn 2008, Florida passed the "Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act" to prohibit the bullying or harassment of a student or employee of a public K-12 education institution in the state. Broward County was the first to implement the policy ...
- Standing up to the bully - The Hindu July 25, 2014The HinduStanding up to the bullyThe HinduDespite the efforts of teachers and parents, bullying is a common phenomenon on our school campuses. The recent incident of a handicapped child being bullied in a city school highlighted how pervasive it has become. And also how some of our teachers ...and more »
- No tolerance for bullying, experts say - Sun-Sentinel July 25, 2014No tolerance for bullying, experts saySun-SentinelBullying in the workplace happens at all levels and in many different workplaces, even to 6-foot, 200-lb. Miami Dolphins football players, experts said at a conference Thursday in Deerfield Beach. The Broward County Crime Commission gathered local and ...
- Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior? - Huffington Post July 25, 2014Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior?Huffington PostAs a result of this study and others, many workplaces have launched anti-bullying initiatives, and many states are lobbying for anti-bullying legislation (although bullying is four times more common than either sexual harassment or racial ...and more »
- Fort Myers, Cape mayors pledge to fight school bullying - Lehigh Acres News Star July 24, 2014Fort Myers, Cape mayors pledge to fight school bullyingLehigh Acres News StarFort Myers Mayor Randy Henderson and Cape Coral Mayor Marni Sawicki signed a pledge with mayors nationwide to create solutions to bullying in their communities. "My children come home even at age 15 and 17 and they experience bullying. We're ...Tallahassee Mayor John Marks […]
- 5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace Bullying - The Fiscal Times July 22, 2014The Fiscal Times5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace BullyingThe Fiscal TimesIn the end, I learned how to stop the intimidation – a sign that this wasn't bullying, since I had the power to change the behavior. An executive coach helped me develop specific techniques to combat the guy's morale-damaging actions, which finally ...Parents and teachers don […]
- Mineral County couple sues BOE over bullying - State Journal July 26, 2014