- Houston sixth-grader writes book to help her overcome bullying - KPRC Houston October 29, 2014Houston sixth-grader writes book to help her overcome bullyingKPRC HoustonHE HAD SUFFERED FROM ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE IN RECENT YEARS. NOW TO A STORY ABOUT A LOCAL SIXTH GRADER WHO IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE WHEN FACED WITH SCHOOL BULLYING, KRISTA FOSTER TOOK TO WRITING TO HELP ...
- Bullies Outside the Classroom - New York Times October 29, 2014Bullies Outside the ClassroomNew York TimesIn the United States, it is assumed that children do bully, simply because they do. Maybe I have this completely wrong, or it could be a collision between different cultures, but I am from Sweden, and here we ask ourselves: Why do children bully? How ...We All Have a Role to Play in Stopping BullyingHuffington PostS
- We Aren't Doing Enough to Stop Bullying - Huffington Post October 29, 2014Huffington PostWe Aren't Doing Enough to Stop BullyingHuffington PostBullying, the all too familiar situation that can lead to fatal scenarios, is a problem that has yet to be tackled appropriately over the years. Data presented by CHI, Child Helpline International, gives credit to the idea that bullying has not been ...and more »
- Bullying: 'It will Never Go Away' - Delco News Network October 29, 2014Bullying: 'It will Never Go Away'Delco News NetworkIn conjunction with National Anti-Bullying Month, students at Cardinal O'Hara High School recently participated in an assembly on the topic. The one-hour program was presented by Dr. Claudio Cerullo, founder and executive director of Teach Anti ...
- G-RF students work to stop bullying - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette October 29, 2014Champaign/Urbana News-GazetteG-RF students work to stop bullyingChampaign/Urbana News-GazetteSocial worker Jo Ann Wilson passes out cookies decorated with blue sugar sprinkles to students at Pine Crest Elementary School in Georgetown on Tuesday as part of the Georgetown-Ridge Farm school district's first annual Stomp Out Bullying Day. Students ...ABC40
- Birmingham photographer's portraits help those bullied - The Detroit News October 29, 2014The Detroit NewsBirmingham photographer's portraits help those bulliedThe Detroit NewsRecently, Denise Wietecha saw a segment on Fox2 News (WJBK-TV) that featured Must talking about the free Empowered Portrait sessions she does for victims of bullying. After getting a thumbs up from her daughter's therapist, she called the ...
- Candidates want to stop bullying on school board - Livingston Daily October 29, 2014Livingston DailyCandidates want to stop bullying on school boardLivingston DailyHowever, the two incumbent candidates said the board has accomplished a tremendous amount, and they want to keep the momentum moving ahead. Incumbent John Conely laughed at the idea of "bullying" on the school board and said he's never seen it.
- Washington School Shooting Raises Specter of Youth Bullying - U.S. News & World Report October 28, 2014Washington School Shooting Raises Specter of Youth BullyingU.S. News & World ReportLooking back on this year and many others, it seems these shootings always bring up discussion, dialogue and controversy about the following issues: guns, mental illness and bullying. Here at U.S. News, I have written about the first two, and I am ...and more »
- Despite attention, bullying prevalent in U.S. schools - Greenville News October 28, 2014Greenville NewsDespite attention, bullying prevalent in U.S. schoolsGreenville NewsThe moment illustrated just how much of an impact bullying can have on a student. Bruton, a Greer native, is the high-flying wizard and showman on the Globetrotters who won the 1994 NCAA Slam Dunk Contest. He was drafted by the Chicago Bulls and has ...
- Ebola Bullies Shun African Immigrants in Schoolyard Panic - NBCNews.com October 28, 2014NBCNews.comEbola Bullies Shun African Immigrants in Schoolyard PanicNBCNews.comChildren from Africa with no connection to the Ebola virus have been shunned at schools across the country because of something that may be far more contagious: bullying. In New York City, two Senegalese brothers — only 11 and 13 — were beaten so ...Ebola bullying: Two boys from A
- Houston sixth-grader writes book to help her overcome bullying - KPRC Houston October 29, 2014