- Vegas mom blames bullying, school district for daughter's suicide - Las Vegas Review-Journal March 6, 2015Las Vegas Review-JournalVegas mom blames bullying, school district for daughter's suicideLas Vegas Review-JournalNatika Bird speaks on the timeline leading up to her daughter Carla Jamerson, 14, committing suicide during an interview at their home in Las Vegas Thursday, March 5, 2015. (Erik Verduzco/Las Vegas Review-Journal) ...Devastated mom tells how bullied daughter, 14, killed herself after merciless […]
- Zero bullying-related suspensions in Naches Valley District - KIMA CBS 29 March 6, 2015KIMA CBS 29Zero bullying-related suspensions in Naches Valley DistrictKIMA CBS 29It did become serious when the Sheriff's Department looked into the possibility of cyber bullying during the same school year these stats are from. Zero suspensions for bullying during the same time a fake news article was created to suggest a student ...
- High school teacher accused of bullying student with online Instagram post - FOX31 Denver March 6, 2015High school teacher accused of bullying student with online Instagram postFOX31 DenverRosalind Wiseman, a nationally known expert on teen bullying and social media, said the teacher violated her responsibility to create a safe environment for kids. “Her belief that she could do this to him and get away with it, is really overall the ...and […]
- Warren Brothers' Brad Warren and Son Named in Bullying Lawsuit - Country Weekly March 6, 2015Warren Brothers' Brad Warren and Son Named in Bullying LawsuitCountry WeeklyIn the suit, the young man's mother accuses Brad's son of verbally abusing Spencer in front of other students and bullying him. The suit further alleges that Brad's son told Spencer to “go home and kill himself” shortly before he committed suicide. The ...
- Sikh boy's video shows classmates calling him terrorist - WXIA-TV March 6, 2015WXIA-TVSikh boy's video shows classmates calling him terroristWXIA-TV(WXIA) -- A bullying video posted online by a Gwinnett County boy who wears a turban is approaching 1 million views -- people around the world seeing and hearing some of his fellow classmates taunting him, calling him a terrorist. Gwinnett County ...Gwinnett County Schools takes disciplinary action […]
- Cool Kid Elias Esparza wrote book to help kids overcome bullying - KABC-TV March 6, 2015KABC-TVCool Kid Elias Esparza wrote book to help kids overcome bullyingKABC-TVOur ABC7 Cool Kid for Thursday, March 5, is Elias Esparza, who wants to help out kids who are being bullied and has written a book about his own experiences. The book is called "The Tell of Me." "I hope this will work and I […]
- Golden Launches Essay Writing Contest To Combat School Bullying - Sheepshead Bites March 5, 2015Golden Launches Essay Writing Contest To Combat School BullyingSheepshead Bites“This year, I have decided to focus my annual essay contest on the issue of bullying so to raise awareness and get students thinking about the problems that such behavior causes,” said Golden in a press release announcing the contest. “Bullying has no ...
- Sibling rivalry can do more harm than other bullying forms - Deseret News March 5, 2015Deseret NewsSibling rivalry can do more harm than other bullying formsDeseret NewsBrothers and sisters tease, argue and sometimes bully each other, often quite forcefully. Now a study from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln indicates such sibling aggression may also undermine efforts to reduce peer bullying. "We had theorized and ...and more »
- 5th graders want anti-bullying video to spread message - 9NEWS.com March 4, 20155th graders want anti-bullying video to spread message9NEWS.comThe fifth grade teachers says his students were not engaged in overt bullying, but they were doing something else. "The problem was not everybody was necessarily being included in group work or out on the playground," Cuoco said. "And, that's kinda ...and more »
- Bully Victims and Bullies at High Risk for Suicidal Thoughts - BU Today March 2, 2015BU TodayBully Victims and Bullies at High Risk for Suicidal ThoughtsBU TodayFor the kids who were bully-victims, suicidal thoughts or behavior were about four times more likely than for the kids who were uninvolved in bullying. For the victims, it would be about two times more likely for suicidal thoughts and about three times ...Bully […]
- Vegas mom blames bullying, school district for daughter's suicide - Las Vegas Review-Journal March 6, 2015