Façade grant looks to update downtown DeWitt

By Connor Clark
Bath-DeWitt Connection staff reporter

The City of DeWitt has a history that begins in 1833 when Capt. David Scott and his family first settled the area. Back then it was called Wabwahaseesee and was home to many Chippewa Native Americans. Fast forward to present-day DeWitt: the town still preserves a historic feel. With many historic homes and building still intact, the wear of time has started to show on its buildings. The Façade Grant Improvement Program has been assisting local businesses in the City of DeWitt for the past five years.