- Galesburg anti-bullying club inspires acts of kindness - Belleville News Democrat March 29, 2015Galesburg anti-bullying club inspires acts of kindnessBelleville News DemocratGALESBURG, Ill. — A Galesburg school has started an anti-bullying club that wants to inspire acts of kindness. The (Galesburg) Register-Mail reports (http://bit.ly/1ypTcKU ) the Take A Stand Club is located at Lombard Middle School. It's been running ...and more »
- Bullying impacts popular kids, too - Odessa American March 29, 2015Bullying impacts popular kids, tooOdessa AmericanAccording to the district's Student Welfare Freedom from Bullying policy, the principal or his or her designee, determines whether allegations in a report of bullying — made orally, or in writing — if proven would constitute prohibited conduct ...and more »
- CDC: Bullying is widespread nationally - Odessa American March 29, 2015CDC: Bullying is widespread nationallyOdessa American“We do know several evidence-based programs that are effective at changing the school climate and environment thus increasing the potential for bullying to decrease. For example, CDC has funded the implementation and evaluation of Positive Behavioral ...
- Montana nears final approval of anti-bullying bill - Great Falls Tribune March 28, 2015Great Falls TribuneMontana nears final approval of anti-bullying billGreat Falls TribuneKimberly Dudik of Missoula would originally have directed public school districts to adopt certain policies addressing the issue of bullying. The bill was amended in the House to simply prohibit students and teachers from bullying any student in a ...and more »
- Miss PA Teen USA Jasmine Daniels, of Collegeville, spreads anti-bullying advice - The Times Herald March 28, 2015Miss PA Teen USA Jasmine Daniels, of Collegeville, spreads anti-bullying adviceThe Times HeraldJasmine Daniels, the 2015 Miss Pennsylvania Teen USA speaks to a fourth grade class at Highland Park Elementary School in Upper Darby on Friday afternoon. Daniels spoke about bullying and the ways children can get help. Tom Kelly IV — Daily Times.and more »
- Family: Bullying to blame for HISD school fight posted on social media - KTRK-TV March 28, 2015KTRK-TVFamily: Bullying to blame for HISD school fight posted on social mediaKTRK-TVFamily: Bullying to blame for HISD school fight posted on social media. Family: Bullying to blame for school fight posted on social media. The mom of an HISD girl involved in a school fight that?s been posted on social media is angry that the […]
- Anti-Bullying Film Raising Awareness in Wake of 12-Year-Old's Death - FOX40 March 28, 2015FOX40Anti-Bullying Film Raising Awareness in Wake of 12-Year-Old's DeathFOX40Century Folsom 14 Theaters is doing a special preview screening of “A Girl Like Her”, a fictional film showing the hidden camera accounts of Jessica Burns, a high school girl being bullied by former friend, Avery Kelly. The subtitle of the film says ...
- School officials warn Burnbook app makes bullying easy; app based on book in ... - WXYZ March 27, 2015WXYZSchool officials warn Burnbook app makes bullying easy; app based on book in ...WXYZOXFORD, Mich. (WXYZ) - The Oxford Community School District has sent a notice to parents saying it is hearing that students in area school districts are using a new social media app called “Burnbook.” The app shares the name of a book […]
- Spain Accused of Bullying Protesters With New 'Gagging Law' - Newsweek March 27, 2015NewsweekSpain Accused of Bullying Protesters With New 'Gagging Law'NewsweekThe Spanish parliament passed a controversial “gagging law” yesterday, sparking outrage among rights groups who accuse the government of “bullying” protestors and quashing freedom of expression. Demonstrators will now be hit with fines for committing a ...
- Kentucky judges ponder case of school bullying suicide - U.S. News & World Report March 25, 2015Kentucky judges ponder case of school bullying suicideU.S. News & World ReportFRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Can schools and teachers be held responsible if a bullied student commits suicide? The Kentucky Supreme Court took up the question on Wednesday after the family of 13-year-old Stephen Patton sued teachers and school ...and more »
- Galesburg anti-bullying club inspires acts of kindness - Belleville News Democrat March 29, 2015