- In 'Tyler's Suite,' voices unite against bullying - Los Angeles Times February 28, 2015Los Angeles TimesIn 'Tyler's Suite,' voices unite against bullyingLos Angeles TimesWhen Jane Clementi's son Tyler went off to Rutgers University in fall 2010 and began playing violin for a school orchestra composed primarily of upperclassmen and graduate students, she thought the skill he had been perfecting since age 3 — even ...and more »
- NP schools stand up against bullying - North Platte Telegraph February 28, 2015NP schools stand up against bullyingNorth Platte TelegraphRamaekers said he does not tolerate bullying of any kind, and principals can discipline students for aggressive behavior. The extent of the punishment depends on the circumstances of the situation, but students can get suspended or even expelled from ...
- Bullying data released; school district implements revamped policies - KIMA CBS 29 February 28, 2015KIMA CBS 29Bullying data released; school district implements revamped policiesKIMA CBS 29After being found in violation civil rights laws for bullying and harassment, the Yakima School District revamped its policies. Spokesperson Amy Neal says they've now created a formal investigation and action form so staff know what to do if a bullying ...
- Mother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicide - WSOC Charlotte February 28, 2015WSOC CharlotteMother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicideWSOC CharlotteIt was practically unbearable for any parent to endure, but on Friday the mother of Ashlyn Haffner, who went by Ash, went back to the road where her child took her own life, near their Indian Trail home Thursday night. April Quick placed flowers and a […]
- Middle-school students stand up to bullies - Alexandria Town Talk February 28, 2015Alexandria Town TalkMiddle-school students stand up to bulliesAlexandria Town TalkMore than 30 percent of middle-schoolers report being involved in bullying, whether as the victim or the aggressor, according to national statistics presented at the in-school rally. Ninety percent of fourth- through eighth-graders report being bullied ...Stamford students support anti-bullyingNews 12 ConnecticutGroup effort required to fight […]
- High school principal calls Twitter bullies "pathetic cowards" - CBS News February 28, 2015Beacon ReviewHigh school principal calls Twitter bullies "pathetic cowards"CBS News"I'm a lot closer to teddy bear than grizzly bear," Romano said. But the grizzly bear in Romano growled when he learned some of his students were using anonymous Twitter accounts to cyber bully classmates about personal looks, hygiene and dating habits.Massachusetts school principal takes aim […]
- Study: Most People Won't Stop Online Bullies - TechCrunch February 27, 2015The InquisitrStudy: Most People Won't Stop Online BulliesTechCrunchThe study watched 221 students as they interacted in a chat room. A bully would appear and berate other members of the group. According to the study, “only 10 percent of the students who noticed the abuse directly intervened, either by confronting the ...Online Trolls, Cyber-Bullying Succeeds Because […]
- Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullying - KETV Omaha February 27, 2015Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullyingKETV Omaha"I just really want the parents to know we really need to talk to our kids about this bullying issue because it does scar people," Diana said. Thousands of likes and shares, including a share by Collin's Hope, an anti-bullying nonprofit run by Meredith ...and more »
- Familiar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ... - fox4kc.com February 26, 2015fox4kc.comFamiliar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ...fox4kc.comLIBERTY, Mo. — A juvenile now faces charges and legal proceedings in Clay County Family Court, related to the serious beating of a fellow student at Liberty Middle School. Liberty police investigated the assault of Blake Kitchen, 12, a student who has ...Liberty superintendent […]
- Workplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt Feelings - Huffington Post February 26, 2015Cornwall Free NewsWorkplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt FeelingsHuffington PostThe word 'bullying' is usually associated with schoolyard antics, along with negative considerations about bullies. Conversely, if the words 'workplace bullying' are coupled, then the thoughts usually developed are that a target of bullying is weak ...Workplace Bullying: A Real Issue That Needs a Real […]
- In 'Tyler's Suite,' voices unite against bullying - Los Angeles Times February 28, 2015