- Transgender advocate speaks out against bullying - Stuff.co.nz May 29, 2016Stuff.co.nzTransgender advocate speaks out against bullyingStuff.co.nzMary Haddock-Staniland still remembers being bullied at the Matamata school she went to and being yelled at on the street. The well known transgender personality, who transitioned from male to female at age 18, said her fellow school peers were nasty.
- 'Life changing': Anti-bullying advocate Lynelle Cantwell shares leadership conference experience - CBC.ca May 29, 2016CBC.ca'Life changing': Anti-bullying advocate Lynelle Cantwell shares leadership conference experienceCBC.caThe four-day summit featured workshops and leadership sessions, and not just on bullying. "It pretty much covered every topic that a regular teenager would struggle with," Cantwell said. "I'm going to take away friendships, memories, I'm going to take ...
- 'Bully' complaint at bullying watchdog - The Advertiser May 29, 2016The Advertiser'Bully' complaint at bullying watchdogThe AdvertiserBut one source said: “The irony has not been lost on anyone that SafeWork investigates government bullying, yet three of its most senior investigators are on stress leave claiming they have been bullied.” It is believed the inquiries were triggered ...and more »
- ISU disputes softball bullying allegations - Bonner County Daily Bee May 29, 2016ISU disputes softball bullying allegationsBonner County Daily BeeIdaho State University recently conducted an internal investigation into its softball program after receiving multiple complaints about players being bullied during the 2016 season. ISU Director of Athletics Jeff Tingey said the investigation resulted ...and more »
- Lockhart School Students Earn National Anti-Bullying Award - Saint Croix Source May 29, 2016Lockhart School Students Earn National Anti-Bullying AwardSaint Croix SourcePACER Center's National Bullying Prevention Center has honored the Primary Explorers, Artists and Future Architects Club and Performing Artists in Action Club of Lockhart Elementary School, on St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, at the National Unity ...and more »
- BC anti-bullying program 'WITS' receives top marks from Dalhousie researchers - CBC.ca May 28, 2016CBC.caBC anti-bullying program 'WITS' receives top marks from Dalhousie researchersCBC.caThe researchers -- who were investigating programs to recommend to Nova Scotia's school boards -- found that the other six programs were heavy on resources but didn't offer considerable reduction in bullying perpetration or victimization.
- New figures show bullying is on the rise - and the bullies are getting younger - Daily Mail May 28, 2016Daily MailNew figures show bullying is on the rise - and the bullies are getting youngerDaily MailGirls were the victim of bullying in almost seven out of ten cases and the most commonly complained about form of bullying was found to be edited images of the victim, with offensive words or images added to the […]
- Bullying victim fought back with safe space at school - San Francisco Chronicle May 28, 2016San Francisco ChronicleBullying victim fought back with safe space at schoolSan Francisco ChronicleDa'Nille created the space this school year not for herself, but for the younger students she saw going through the same onslaught of bullying she faced. And for that, the 14-year-old will be awarded a city Peacemaker Award from a nonprofit group that ...
- Father: Bullying cut daughter's life short - York Dispatch May 27, 2016York DispatchFather: Bullying cut daughter's life shortYork DispatchHer mother took her phone away, Sechrist said, in an effort to cut off the digital bullying, but that didn't solve the problem. Kids just kept posting about her on Facebook, he said. Shania seemed upbeat earlier this week, though, he said. His daughter ...
- Schoolyard Bullying: It's Ok To Be Different - Huffington Post May 27, 2016Huffington PostSchoolyard Bullying: It's Ok To Be DifferentHuffington PostConsistent bullying is intolerable and can lead to horrific situations and leave lifelong wounds, especially on the heart of a small child, unequipped to make sense of a situation that would baffle most adults. We have all read the stories, horror ...
- Transgender advocate speaks out against bullying - Stuff.co.nz May 29, 2016