- Dealing with bullies in the workplace - Boston Globe July 29, 2014Boston GlobeDealing with bullies in the workplaceBoston GlobeCarol Anne Geary is a veteran librarian who loved her profession and went back to school, while working, to earn a master's degree in library science. But her passion turned into a nightmare when, she says, she was bullied on the job to such an extent ...and more »
- Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con - ChicagoNow (blog) July 29, 2014ChicagoNow (blog)Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-ConChicagoNow (blog)San Diego, CA, July 28, 2014 – In a ground-breaking event, Pop Culture Anti-Bullying Coalition brought the United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con, the first-ever pop culture panel event for the global organization. “We all love superhe […]
- There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow up - Washington Post July 29, 2014There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow upWashington PostEvery other year, the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights is required to collect data on “key education and civil rights issues in our nation's public schools.” A few years ago, the survey grew to include reports of bullying and ...and more »
- Wisconsin mayors join campaign to end bullying - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (blog) July 29, 2014Wisconsin mayors join campaign to end bullyingMilwaukee Journal Sentinel (blog)Now, Dickert is one of more than 170 mayors across the country who signed on to the Mayors Campaign to End Bullying, a national initiative to raise awareness, foster safer school climates and work with experts to combat bulling in their school districts.
- Olney teen transforms from bullying victim to bodybuilding prodigy - Newsworks.org July 29, 2014NBC 10 PhiladelphiaOlney teen transforms from bullying victim to bodybuilding prodigyNewsworks.orgChief among his being-bullied memories was the time he got jumped for wearing a Lawncrest youth-sports shirt while walking through shopping plaza in Olney. "There was a whole bunch of them," he recounted Monday, while talking in the neighborhood's […]
- A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullying - Washington Post July 29, 2014A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullyingWashington PostALEXANDRIA, Va. — “They don't want me to be team captain,” a 6-year-old girl whimpers, wiping tears. “Why don't you guys want her to be captain?” a camp counselor asks. “Because she can't even spell popcorn,” a 6-year-old boy says. “Can you spell ...and more »
- Using martial arts to raise kids' confidence, help prevent bullying - Fox 59 July 29, 2014Fox 59Using martial arts to raise kids' confidence, help prevent bullyingFox 59GREENWOOD — Back to school is a stressful time for parents and children, especially when talking about bullying. Mark Kruezman is the owner of Life Systems Martial Arts in Greenwood. Kruezman's studio is participating in the “Done with Bullying” ...
- Student-Athletes : Be Bigger than Bullying - WJCL News July 29, 2014Sydney Morning HeraldStudent-Athletes : Be Bigger than BullyingWJCL NewsSAVANNAH, Ga. (WJCL) I have a charge for all student-athletes. Be bigger than bullying. I don't get too many opportunities to post editorial pieces, but here you go. As the 2014 school year gets underway, I want to see student-athletes to be leaders on ...Who's responsible for […]
- The Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber Bullying - Forbes July 28, 2014ForbesThe Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber BullyingForbesI remember my first encounter with a bully – we'll call him Paul Bugbee. He chased a neighborhood friend of mine home from school for two years, shouting destructive words, despite his parents' pleas with the school and Bugbee's parents. What changed ...
- Seminole administrators talk bullying at back-to-school events - News 13 Orlando July 28, 2014Seminole administrators talk bullying at back-to-school eventsNews 13 OrlandoMental health experts said it's often students with mental disorders, who are easy targets for bullies and feel insecure, that resort to bullying as a defense mechanism and can become bullies themselves. Several more back-to-school events will take ...and more »
- Dealing with bullies in the workplace - Boston Globe July 29, 2014