- Landau to speak Friday at anti-bullying event at First Congregational - Huntington Herald Dispatch March 4, 2015Landau to speak Friday at anti-bullying event at First CongregationalHuntington Herald DispatchMurphy will be the keynote among an exciting slate of speakers at an event titled 'Staying Alive: Bullying Stops Here.' Murphy sees the importance of lending his voice to this topic to make life better for West Virginia students who may suffer bullying ...and […]
- Harlem Globetrotter talks to kids about bullying - WRDW-TV March 4, 2015WRDW-TVHarlem Globetrotter talks to kids about bullyingWRDW-TV(WRDW)-- A Harlem Globetrotter visited CT Walker Magnet School this morning to talk to students about bullying and present a special award. Globetrotter, Julian "Zeus" Mcclurkin talked about the "ABC's" of bullying, "A" for Action, "B" for Bravery and ...and more »
- Civil rights commissioners: Rein in education admin. on 'unlawful' bullying ... - Washington Times March 4, 2015Civil rights commissioners: Rein in education admin. on 'unlawful' bullying ...Washington TimesThe commissioners, speaking for themselves and not the entire commission, cite the OCR's efforts to expand federal authority on three fronts: school bullying at the K-12 level; school discipline that has a “disparate impact” on minority students; and ...
- Two Riverside Teachers Collaborate Join Forces On a Book About Bullying - Town Topics March 4, 2015Town TopicsTwo Riverside Teachers Collaborate Join Forces On a Book About BullyingTown TopicsUPSTANDERS, NOT BYSTANDERS: Riverside School art teacher Ashley Kennedy, left, and counselor Ben Samara, right, collaborated on a children's book that helps kids step up to defend others who are being bullied or teased. “Sage Stands Up” is ...
- Stop bullying seminar to be held March 9 - Newnan Times-Herald March 4, 2015Stop bullying seminar to be held March 9Newnan Times-HeraldFamily Patterns Matter hopes to bring attention to bullying by hosting a presentation. The exposition, scheduled to be held on Monday in the parish hall at the First United Methodist Church in Newnan, is free and open to the public. Three special ...
- Mother says bullying drove teen daughter to suicide - KVVU Las Vegas March 4, 2015Mother says bullying drove teen daughter to suicideKVVU Las Vegas“She had been getting bullied for a long time, to the point where the happy, bubbly girl that I knew changed,” she said. “They hacked into her email and they created a Facebook page and they massacred her.” Bird said she had discussed the situation ...Mother […]
- East students take aim at bullying - Youngstown Vindicator March 4, 2015East students take aim at bullyingYoungstown VindicatorEast High School senior Kayla Mitchell believes bullying is something that's been overlooked for too long. “We're trying to shine a light on bullying and not overlook it because sometimes bullying can lead to suicide,” Kayla, 17, said. She is a member ...and more »
- Bill cracking down on bullying approved - KRQE News 13 March 4, 2015KRQE News 13Bill cracking down on bullying approvedKRQE News 13She was in pain, she said, moments after walking off the Senate floor Tuesday following the body's unanimous approval of anti-bullying legislation named after her grandson Carlos Vigil, who was 17 when he committed suicide in 2013. A Twitter post by ...Senate passes anti-bullying billAlbuquerque JournalMar. 4 […]
- Missouri: Bullying Denounced at Auditor's Memorial - New York Times March 4, 2015Kansas City StarMissouri: Bullying Denounced at Auditor's MemorialNew York TimesFormer Senator John Danforth denounced the ugly nature of American politics on Tuesday while eulogizing the Missouri auditor, Tom Schweich, suggesting that political bullying and an anti-Semitic whisper campaign had led his friend to kill himself.Letter: Harassment of Tom Schweich compared to bullyingSpringfield News-LeaderTom Schweich's death […]
- 5th graders want anti-bullying video to spread message - 9NEWS.com March 4, 20159NEWS.com5th graders want anti-bullying video to spread message9NEWS.comThe fifth grade teachers says his students were not engaged in overt bullying, but they were doing something else. "The problem was not everybody was necessarily being included in group work or out on the playground," Cuoco said. "And, that's kinda ...and more »
- Landau to speak Friday at anti-bullying event at First Congregational - Huntington Herald Dispatch March 4, 2015