- Anti-bullying concert brings Tony-nominated vocalist/composer back to Charlotte - Charlotte Observer August 28, 2015Charlotte ObserverAnti-bullying concert brings Tony-nominated vocalist/composer back to CharlotteCharlotte ObserverHooper and artistic director Kathryn Mahan, who produce the Sing for the Cure concerts to raise funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, came up with the idea of a similar anti-bullying concert following spiking suicide rates among teens and the suicides ...Bullying And PreventionWFAEFall […]
- Bullying of the blind intolerable - mySanAntonio.com (blog) August 28, 2015Bullying of the blind intolerablemySanAntonio.com (blog)Many people cannot conceive of the idea that a blind or visually impaired child would be the victim of bullying. Actually, children with glasses are traditionally the first individuals to be marked by bullies. The University of Bristol conducted a 2005 ...and more »
- Longtime lawmaker chosen to lead Nevada anti-bullying office - Las Vegas Sun August 28, 2015azcentral.comLongtime lawmaker chosen to lead Nevada anti-bullying officeLas Vegas SunNevada state legislation passed this year created the new office, which will establish programs and training to prevent, identify and report incidents of bullying and cyberbullying. The office also will manage a new grant program that provides funding ...Arizona lawmaker to lead Nevada anti-school bullying programEducation […]
- A Parent's Guide to Managing a Bullying Child - Huffington Post August 28, 2015Huffington PostA Parent's Guide to Managing a Bullying ChildHuffington PostLosing your cool and enforcing harsh punishments are forms of counter-bullying that will generate a culture of bullying in your family. Children who are constantly being punished are more likely to grow defiant and oppositional, and turn your household ...
- Tiffany Posteraro, Girl With Vitiligo, Gets Tattoo To Stop Bullying Over Rare ... - Medical Daily August 28, 2015Medical DailyTiffany Posteraro, Girl With Vitiligo, Gets Tattoo To Stop Bullying Over Rare ...Medical DailyThe bullying and staring spurred her to turn to heavy foundations to cover the skin spots: “I tried everything possible to cover it up,” she told Woman's Day. “I got really dark spray tans and used industrial-strength foundation, the kind used […]
- Six Flags New England hosts Annual Back to School Anti-Bullying Day - MassLive.com August 28, 2015MassLive.comSix Flags New England hosts Annual Back to School Anti-Bullying DayMassLive.comRepresentatives from the foundation, which was established, in 2010, in memory of a Springfield sixth-grader who took his life after repeated bullying at school, will be present. Sheets designed to educate on how to prevent bullying in schools, as well ...WTEF to fund purchase of […]
- Ask Molly Ringwald: how do I stop the woman who is bullying me? - The Guardian August 28, 2015The GuardianAsk Molly Ringwald: how do I stop the woman who is bullying me?The GuardianI am 30 and being bullied. It has been going on for two years and I have been ignoring it, not wanting to give my bully the power. This woman makes it her mission to spread rumours and gossip to manipulate […]
- Speaker says to use HAT against bullying - Grand Island Independent August 28, 2015Grand Island IndependentSpeaker says to use HAT against bullyingGrand Island IndependentEntertainer Fax Gilbert crowns third-grade teacher Christina Eustler queen while performing Thursday morning during a character and bullying assembly given by Gilbert at West Lawn Elementary in Grand Island. Gilbert uses the six Character Counts ...
- Local stock car racer helps support bullying prevention - WSAW August 28, 2015WSAWLocal stock car racer helps support bullying preventionWSAW"We always talked about doing something with bullying, and it's so sad what happened," said Decker. "We're selling a sticker and we're trying to get everyone here that has a car racing to run the sticker. They're $5 with Jonny's picture on it saying ...and more »
- How to talk to your kids about bullying - KGO-TV August 28, 2015KGO-TVHow to talk to your kids about bullyingKGO-TVWhile more than one in four children say they have experienced being bullied, only 20-30 percent of those children ever report it to an adult. The startling statistic can be troublesome for parents, leaving many wondering how to know if their child is ...and more »
- Anti-bullying concert brings Tony-nominated vocalist/composer back to Charlotte - Charlotte Observer August 28, 2015