- Lenox panel approves goals designed to enhance school culture, denounce ... - Berkshire Eagle December 22, 2014Berkshire EagleLenox panel approves goals designed to enhance school culture, denounce ...Berkshire EagleAmong the key school culture targets is a zero-tolerance policy for bullying. Interim Superintendent Timothy Lee pointed out that the district gets two reports a year, on average, involving such incidents. "It's important to encourage those types of ...Halesowen school receives national award […]
- Brunswick schools face lawsuit over bullying allegations - SFGate December 22, 2014Brunswick schools face lawsuit over bullying allegationsSFGateBRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) — The Maine Human Rights Commission says it plans legal action against the Brunswick School District over a former junior high school student who said he was bullied, harassed and assaulted by other students who thought he ...and more »
- Salisbury Christmas program takes stand against bullying - Charlotte Observer December 22, 2014Salisbury Christmas program takes stand against bullyingCharlotte ObserverSalisbury musicians, performers and speakers will gather Saturday to take a stand against bullying. Billed as the “Anti-Bullying Christmas Special,” the blended worship service and community program starts at 8 p.m. Dec. 27 at the Inn, 1012 Mooresville ...
- Lincoln residents demand tougher bullying stance - KCRA Sacramento December 21, 2014Lincoln residents demand tougher bullying stanceKCRA SacramentoSupporters add that it's time for schools to intervene more when students report bullying. "There tends to be a theme where the victims are punished as opposed to the perpetrators of the bullying, and that's not appropriate," said Beverly Kearney ...
- Students, parents seek bullying policies change - Hamilton Journal News (subscription) December 21, 2014Students, parents seek bullying policies changeHamilton Journal News (subscription)More than a dozen students and parents braved chilly temperatures on Saturday outside Fairfield Middle School to demonstrate against the current policies in dealing with bullies in the Fairfield City School District in the aftermath of the Dec. 11 ...
- Rights panel to sue Brunswick School Department over alleged bullying - Press Herald December 21, 2014Rights panel to sue Brunswick School Department over alleged bullyingPress HeraldThe Maine Human Rights Commission is preparing to take the Brunswick School Department to court because of alleged bullying at Brunswick Junior High School, WCSH-TV reported. The case involves a boy whose family said he was bullied at the school ...
- Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullying - WCSH-TV December 20, 2014WCSH-TVHuman Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullyingWCSH-TVThe commission investigators said the school did respond to the family's complaints at the time, but that it didn't do enough to actually stop the harassment. The Commission said it has handled other bullying cases in the past but this is the first ...and more »
- Parents allege rampant bullying at Clay County school - First Coast News December 19, 2014First Coast NewsParents allege rampant bullying at Clay County schoolFirst Coast NewsMIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- Parents of a student attacked at a Clay County junior high school say they are taking their daughter out of that school, fed up with constant bullying there and what they say is a lack of response from school administrators and […]
- Dearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at school - Detroit Free Press December 19, 2014Detroit Free PressDearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at schoolDetroit Free PressA freshman girl at a high school in Dearborn Heights was repeatedly bullied and then assaulted because of her Arab ethnicity, according to a civil rights complaint filed Thursday. "They made me scared to walk in the hallways," said Amaya Almawri, a ...Teen claims […]
- Mom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying - 9NEWS.com December 17, 20149NEWS.comMom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying9NEWS.comShe says bullying is an issue at her school like it is at every school, but, she wants parents to take time this holiday season to talk with their kids and take a more proactive approach with bullying. "Through conversations, interactions with my own ...Kolka: Parents and bullyingThe Detroit Newsall […]
- Lenox panel approves goals designed to enhance school culture, denounce ... - Berkshire Eagle December 22, 2014