- Group aims to help school districts fight bullying - NWCN.com May 26, 2016NWCN.comGroup aims to help school districts fight bullyingNWCN.comIdaho law requires all school districts do have some sort of policy or protocol in place that addresses bullying, intimidation, and harassment. One group, the Idaho Positive Behavior Network, works with school districts to help implement those polices.and more »
- Time is running out on an opportunity to help stop bullying - MinnPost May 26, 2016MinnPostTime is running out on an opportunity to help stop bullyingMinnPostThere are a lot of ways to assess a bullying prevention program: self-reporting student surveys, peer nominating student surveys, teacher and parent surveys, discipline referrals, suspension rates, etc. Each method has its own limitations and the ...
- Oklahoma baseball coach accused of bullying player in bizarre lawsuit - USA TODAY High School Sports May 26, 2016USA TODAY High School SportsOklahoma baseball coach accused of bullying player in bizarre lawsuitUSA TODAY High School SportsMustang (Okla.) baseball coach Scott Selby recently stepped down to watch his son play as a senior. (Facebook). An Oklahoma high school is adamantly defending its now former head baseball coach against allegations he “harassed, mocked, isolated, ...
- Bullying is unacceptable anywhere - Delmarva Daily Times May 26, 2016Delmarva Daily TimesBullying is unacceptable anywhereDelmarva Daily TimesIn the past few years, news media have given a substantial amount of attention to different types of bullying. Children in school are reminded to respect their fellow classmates and not to belittle or tease one another about size, ability or appearance ...
- 'It's everywhere': Northern Peninsula family moves to escape bullying - CBC.ca May 26, 2016CBC.ca'It's everywhere': Northern Peninsula family moves to escape bullyingCBC.caA woman in Port au Choix says she and her family were forced to relocate because of the constant abuse her daughter suffered on the ride to school, but that hasn't stopped the bullying. "She was pinned up against the bus window, and she was hit on […]
- Can banning skinny jeans curb bullying? - Christian Science Monitor May 26, 2016Christian Science MonitorCan banning skinny jeans curb bullying?Christian Science MonitorNew Hanover County School System in North Carolina's Wilmington area proposed the new rule after some heavier girls were bullied on account of wearing tight jeans. The rule does, however, allow students to wear skinny jeans if a shirt or dress covers ...School proposes ban on […]
- What sibling bullying is doing to your children's health - NewsOK.com May 26, 2016NewsOK.comWhat sibling bullying is doing to your children's healthNewsOK.comUp to 40 percent of children are being bullied by their siblings, and the torment can have long-lasting consequences, including depression, anxiety, inflammation, obesity and self-harm, a recent study says. In fact, sibling bullying can be worse than ...and more »
- Many principals receive no training on anti-bullying polices - Education Week (subscription) May 26, 2016WKU Public RadioMany principals receive no training on anti-bullying policesEducation Week (subscription)LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A new survey shows many of Kentucky's school principals have not been trained on a common assignment: how to enforce anti-bullying policies. Ninety percent of school administrators surveyed by a school safety group last year ...Report: Many Kentucky Principals Receive […]
- Above the Skyline's New Music Video Tackles Bullying and Depression - Miami New Times May 26, 2016Miami New TimesAbove the Skyline's New Music Video Tackles Bullying and DepressionMiami New TimesThe single is from the band's EP, A Different Breed, and its accompanying music video tackles the school bully head one. But, more than that, it extends an empathetic hand to the victim, urging anyone who might feel hopeless to not give […]
- Kids Health Matters: Bullying - 6abc.com May 25, 20166abc.comKids Health Matters: Bullying6abc.comLeff says there are still traditional "bullying hot spots" - playgrounds, lunch rooms, and hallways - however, it's just as likely to happen through phone texts, email, and even video games. "Parents may not even be aware that Xbox, for example, or ...
- Group aims to help school districts fight bullying - NWCN.com May 26, 2016