- Florida Mayors join forces to say no to bullies - MiamiHerald.com July 26, 2014Florida Mayors join forces to say no to bulliesMiamiHerald.comSo far, mayors in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, Daytona Beach and Fort Myers have joined more than 170 mayors throughout the country who have signed on to the Project, called the Mayors' Campaign to End Bullying. The purpose is to raise ...Rilling joins Mayors' Campaign to End Bull […]
- Pop boy band mixes anti-bullying message with harmonies - Santa Clarita Valley Signal July 26, 2014Pop boy band mixes anti-bullying message with harmoniesSanta Clarita Valley SignalA screaming crowd of young female fans braved baking heat Friday afternoon to hear the five-member boy band After Romeo deliver anti-bullying messages interspersed with catchy upbeat pop tunes on an outdoor stage at Westfield Valencia Town Center.
- Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying Incident - DNAinfo July 25, 2014Ogden Principal Joshua VanderJagt Steps Down After Bullying IncidentDNAinfoThe challenges surrounded allegations from Ogden parent Lisa Wolf Clemente that her 14-year-old and 8-year-old sons were bullied at both campuses by classmates for their Jewish heritage. The Gold Coast resident said her teen son was shown photos of ...
- Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying education - Sun-Sentinel July 25, 2014Making students feel safe: Schools prioritize bullying educationSun-SentinelIn 2008, Florida passed the "Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act" to prohibit the bullying or harassment of a student or employee of a public K-12 education institution in the state. Broward County was the first to implement the policy ...
- Standing up to the bully - The Hindu July 25, 2014The HinduStanding up to the bullyThe HinduDespite the efforts of teachers and parents, bullying is a common phenomenon on our school campuses. The recent incident of a handicapped child being bullied in a city school highlighted how pervasive it has become. And also how some of our teachers ...and more »
- Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior? - Huffington Post July 25, 2014Are Workplace Bullies Rewarded for Their Behavior?Huffington PostAs a result of this study and others, many workplaces have launched anti-bullying initiatives, and many states are lobbying for anti-bullying legislation (although bullying is four times more common than either sexual harassment or racial ...No tolerance for bullying, experts saySun-Sentinelall […]
- St. Mary's receives $10000 to counter bullying - So Md News July 25, 2014St. Mary's receives $10000 to counter bullyingSo Md NewsSt. Mary's County government didn't go looking for it, but the state gave it $10,000 to help stop bullying among young people in schools and in the community. Now that county government accepted the money on Tuesday, it will wait for the state to ...
- Fort Myers, Cape mayors pledge to fight school bullying - Lehigh Acres News Star July 24, 2014Fort Myers, Cape mayors pledge to fight school bullyingLehigh Acres News StarFort Myers Mayor Randy Henderson and Cape Coral Mayor Marni Sawicki signed a pledge with mayors nationwide to create solutions to bullying in their communities. "My children come home even at age 15 and 17 and they experience bullying. We're ...Local mayors join anti-bully […]
- 5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace Bullying - The Fiscal Times July 22, 2014The Fiscal Times5 Smart Steps to Combat Workplace BullyingThe Fiscal TimesIn the end, I learned how to stop the intimidation – a sign that this wasn't bullying, since I had the power to change the behavior. An executive coach helped me develop specific techniques to combat the guy's morale-damaging actions, which finally ...Parents and teachers don […]
- Parents Worry More About Back-to-School Shopping Than Bullying - TIME July 22, 2014Parents Worry More About Back-to-School Shopping Than BullyingTIMEThe stress of shopping outranked hectic student schedules (50%), helping with homework (38%), bullying at school (31%), and bad teachers (29%). At first glance, the results indicate that students and parents alike seem to be saying that shopping and ...
- Florida Mayors join forces to say no to bullies - MiamiHerald.com July 26, 2014