- Locals Walk to End Bullying - FOX 21 Online May 3, 2015FOX 21 OnlineLocals Walk to End BullyingFOX 21 OnlineTheir mission is to stop bullying through education, awareness and resources for individuals, schools and businesses. "If you're dealing with pain regardless of what the school system tells you don't ignore it,” said Salina Seehus. “Don't stay quiet ...
- Forney PD: Preliminary investigation indicates bullying not a factor in teen's ... - inForney.com May 2, 2015Forney PD: Preliminary investigation indicates bullying not a factor in teen's ...inForney.comFORNEY, Texas — A preliminary investigation into a Forney High School student's suicide on Wednesday morning indicates bullying was not a factor, according to a statement released by the Forney Police Department (FPD) which is investigating the ...
- St. Francis de Sales suspends 12 in 'bullying' but police investigating as sex ... - Chicago Tribune May 1, 2015CBS LocalSt. Francis de Sales suspends 12 in 'bullying' but police investigating as sex ...Chicago TribuneSchool officials described the incident in a statement as “bullying,” but police said detectives were investigating the matter as an alleged sexual assault. As of Thursday afternoon, no one was in custody, and no charges had been filed. Gerald Stewart […]
- SE Polk suicide provokes anti-bullying outcry - DesMoinesRegister.com May 1, 2015DesMoinesRegister.comSE Polk suicide provokes anti-bullying outcryDesMoinesRegister.comTony Bisignano, a Democrat from Des Moines, took the Senate floor Thursday urging the Republican-controlled Iowa House to take up anti-bullying legislation, citing the case of 12-year-old Alyssa Morgan, who committed suicide April 3. Alyssa's mother ...
- Forney students say girl took her own life over bullying - WFAA May 1, 2015WFAAForney students say girl took her own life over bullyingWFAAThe Forney Independent School District does offer anti-bullying programs and says they intervene when they get complaints. But many teens take the messages of hate to heart. "It starts at a young age -- that's the thing," the mom said. "It's ...and more »
- Iowa mom says bisexual 12-year-old daughter committed suicide after bullying ... - New York Daily News April 30, 2015New York Daily NewsIowa mom says bisexual 12-year-old daughter committed suicide after bullying ...New York Daily NewsA bisexual Iowa 12 year old committed suicide this month after being bullied at her Des Moines middle school, her distraught mom says. The little girl who loved drawing, taking selfies and playing video games kept her pain well […]
- Police: After Long Island bullying incident, dad shoots culprit's grandfather - WABC-TV April 30, 2015WABC-TVPolice: After Long Island bullying incident, dad shoots culprit's grandfatherWABC-TVPolice: After Long Island bullying incident, dad shoots culprit's grandfather. Man accused of shooting after school bullying. Kristin Thorne reports a man is accused of shooting the grandfather of a boy who bullied his daughter in North Amityville. Embed.Police: After North Amityville bullying incident, dad shoots […]
- Mother of bullied student who found her dead shares her story - KCCI Des Moines April 30, 2015DesMoinesRegister.comMother of bullied student who found her dead shares her storyKCCI Des MoinesSoutheast Polk Community School District Associate Principal Nathan Ballagh told KCCI in a statement that "over the last four years our students and staff have stepped up our bullying prevention efforts. A lot of our efforts are led by our students who ...SE […]
- Methuen dad sparks brouhaha on bullying - Boston Herald April 30, 2015Methuen dad sparks brouhaha on bullyingBoston HeraldA Methuen dad stirred up a tempest by posting pictures of his bruised son on social media, claiming the marks are a product of bullying that the school has failed to adequately address. “I've been dealing with the school for weeks now with this ...and more »
- Bullying does more long-term mental health harm than abuse, study says - Los Angeles Times April 28, 2015Los Angeles TimesBullying does more long-term mental health harm than abuse, study saysLos Angeles TimesThe long-term effects of being bullied by other kids are worse than being abused by an adult, new research shows. Among a large group of children in England, those who were bullied were 60% more likely to have mental health problems […]
- Locals Walk to End Bullying - FOX 21 Online May 3, 2015