- Iowa tries again on anti-bullying package - Quad City Times March 1, 2015Quad City TimesIowa tries again on anti-bullying packageQuad City TimesTerry Branstad has made anti-bullying programs one of his top priorities, and this year, his proposal has received more support than ever. It would train school officials on how to identify and manage bullying incidents, give schools the authority to ...and more »
- NC mother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicide - myfox8.com February 28, 2015myfox8.comNC mother believes bullying led to transgender teen's suicidemyfox8.com“I didn't want to believe it was her,” Ash's mother cried, while staring down at the memorial. “I just held her and told her I loved her until the ambulance came.” Quick said Ash's suicide was the result of years of bullying, which became worse when ...Mother […]
- Bullying is more than innocent teasing - NUVO Newsweekly February 28, 2015NUVO NewsweeklyBullying is more than innocent teasingNUVO NewsweeklyThe poll also found most parents are conflicted when it comes to teaching children how to appropriately respond to bullying, with just half of respondents saying children should notify an adult. Kosofsky said men were much more likely to recommend ...
- In 'Tyler's Suite,' voices unite against bullying - Los Angeles Times February 28, 2015Los Angeles TimesIn 'Tyler's Suite,' voices unite against bullyingLos Angeles TimesWhen Jane Clementi's son Tyler went off to Rutgers University in fall 2010 and began playing violin for a school orchestra composed primarily of upperclassmen and graduate students, she thought the skill he had been perfecting since age 3 — even ...and more »
- NP schools stand up against bullying - North Platte Telegraph February 28, 2015NP schools stand up against bullyingNorth Platte TelegraphRamaekers said he does not tolerate bullying of any kind, and principals can discipline students for aggressive behavior. The extent of the punishment depends on the circumstances of the situation, but students can get suspended or even expelled from ...
- High school principal calls Twitter bullies "pathetic cowards" - CBS News February 28, 2015Beacon ReviewHigh school principal calls Twitter bullies "pathetic cowards"CBS News"I'm a lot closer to teddy bear than grizzly bear," Romano said. But the grizzly bear in Romano growled when he learned some of his students were using anonymous Twitter accounts to cyber bully classmates about personal looks, hygiene and dating habits.Winchendon Principal Calls Twitter Bullies […]
- Study: Most People Won't Stop Online Bullies - TechCrunch February 27, 2015The InquisitrStudy: Most People Won't Stop Online BulliesTechCrunchThe study watched 221 students as they interacted in a chat room. A bully would appear and berate other members of the group. According to the study, “only 10 percent of the students who noticed the abuse directly intervened, either by confronting the ...Online Trolls, Cyber-Bullying Succeeds Because […]
- Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullying - KETV Omaha February 27, 2015Mother turns to social media to end daughter's bullyingKETV Omaha"I just really want the parents to know we really need to talk to our kids about this bullying issue because it does scar people," Diana said. Thousands of likes and shares, including a share by Collin's Hope, an anti-bullying nonprofit run by Meredith ...and more »
- Familiar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ... - fox4kc.com February 26, 2015fox4kc.comFamiliar with pain of bullying, friends, strangers help Liberty boy beaten in ...fox4kc.comLIBERTY, Mo. — A juvenile now faces charges and legal proceedings in Clay County Family Court, related to the serious beating of a fellow student at Liberty Middle School. Liberty police investigated the assault of Blake Kitchen, 12, a student who has ...Liberty superintendent […]
- Workplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt Feelings - Huffington Post February 26, 2015Cornwall Free NewsWorkplace Bullying: It's Impact Goes Beyond Hurt FeelingsHuffington PostThe word 'bullying' is usually associated with schoolyard antics, along with negative considerations about bullies. Conversely, if the words 'workplace bullying' are coupled, then the thoughts usually developed are that a target of bullying is weak ...Editorial: Cyber bullying laws long overdueDaily Local NewsSchool Officials […]
- Iowa tries again on anti-bullying package - Quad City Times March 1, 2015