- Breaking down bullying - Kane County Chronicle July 30, 2014Breaking down bullyingKane County ChroniclePat Quinn recently signed legislation amending the school code on bullying prevention, but local school districts say they already are doing much of what the action requires. They already have policies on bullying. They collect data. They have ...and more »
- Spurred by daughter's experience, Racine mayor joins bullying campaign - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel July 30, 2014Spurred by daughter's experience, Racine mayor joins bullying campaignMilwaukee Journal SentinelNow, Dickert is one of more than 170 mayors across the country who signed on to the Mayors Campaign to End Bullying, a national initiative to raise awareness, foster safer school climates and work with experts to combat bullying in their school districts.Moor […]
- Local Teen Transforms from Bullying Victim to Bodybuilding Prodigy - NBC 10 Philadelphia July 30, 2014NBC 10 PhiladelphiaLocal Teen Transforms from Bullying Victim to Bodybuilding ProdigyNBC 10 PhiladelphiaWhile he doesn't talk about bullying during the cardio- and strength-training exercises he leads three mornings a week, it's certainly the underpinning of how the sessions came to be. "I never wanted to talk about it when I was getting bulli […]
- Placement of signs spurs bullying allegations in 17th race - The Columbian July 30, 2014Placement of signs spurs bullying allegations in 17th raceThe ColumbianPaul Harris, R-Vancouver, in the 17th Legislative District, said his opponent is acting like "the bully in the playground." With the primary election only a week away, campaigning has kicked into high gear. For Rockhold, that translated into placing ...
- Bullying Prevention Program Comes to HCPS - WHSV July 29, 2014Bullying Prevention Program Comes to HCPSWHSVHARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) -- Harrisonburg City Public Schools prepare for the start of a new school year with a bullying prevention program. The school district applied for a grant last year to create a bullying prevention program in the elementary ...and more »
- Dealing with bullies in the workplace - Boston Globe July 29, 2014Boston GlobeDealing with bullies in the workplaceBoston GlobeCarol Anne Geary is a veteran librarian who loved her profession and went back to school, while working, to earn a master's degree in library science. But her passion turned into a nightmare when, she says, she was bullied on the job to such an extent ...and more »
- Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con - ChicagoNow (blog) July 29, 2014ChicagoNow (blog)Anti-Bullying Coalition Brings United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-ConChicagoNow (blog)San Diego, CA, July 28, 2014 – In a ground-breaking event, Pop Culture Anti-Bullying Coalition brought the United Nations Association to San Diego Comic-Con, the first-ever pop culture panel event for the global organization. “We all love superhe […]
- There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow up - Washington Post July 29, 2014There's a gender gap in bullying — watch it widen as kids grow upWashington PostEvery other year, the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights is required to collect data on “key education and civil rights issues in our nation's public schools.” A few years ago, the survey grew to include reports of bullying and ...and more »
- A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullying - Washington Post July 29, 2014A day at camp shows a life-cycle of bullyingWashington PostThe latest data, gathered in 2012, reveals a national pattern: The gender-specific bullying gradually increases through elementary school and peaks in middle school. The disparity between male and female victims surges in high school, report numbers show.Junior Giants at Boys & Girls Club of Redw […]
- The Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber Bullying - Forbes July 28, 2014ForbesThe Real-World Implications Of Workplace And Cyber BullyingForbesI remember my first encounter with a bully – we'll call him Paul Bugbee. He chased a neighborhood friend of mine home from school for two years, shouting destructive words, despite his parents' pleas with the school and Bugbee's parents. What changed ...
- Breaking down bullying - Kane County Chronicle July 30, 2014