- Workplace Bullying a Taboo Problem - PsychCentral.com November 23, 2014PsychCentral.comWorkplace Bullying a Taboo ProblemPsychCentral.comApproximately 35 percent of employees in the United States report being the target of a bully at work, and they tend to keep it to themselves, according to new research at Iowa State University. “Many of the participants felt no one would believe them ...
- Bullying in Coweta County: A victim's story - Newnan Times-Herald November 23, 2014Bullying in Coweta County: A victim's storyNewnan Times-HeraldJarvis does not know or understand the exact reason for the bullying in elementary school. Her parents worried, eventually speaking to school officials and insisting that Jarvis be transferred to Northside, where she had been a student before going to ...
- A united front against bullying - Roanoke Rapids Daily Herald November 23, 2014Roanoke Rapids Daily HeraldA united front against bullyingRoanoke Rapids Daily HeraldMills also said some of the community members will present a bully-free agenda at the next Scotland Neck Town Council meeting. She said the agenda will create anti-bullying signs around the Town and at businesses to show those who are being bullied the ...
- Ceremony Against Bullying Held in Metropolis - WSIL TV November 23, 2014Ceremony Against Bullying Held in MetropolisWSIL TVMASSAC CO. -- More than fifty people gathered on the Ohio River in Metropilis as part of an anti-bullying rally. The group launched dozens of paper lanterns to honor any child that's been bullied or is currently struggling. The event was initially ...
- South Carolina mom says bullying drove son to commit suicide - New York Daily News November 22, 2014New York Daily NewsSouth Carolina mom says bullying drove son to commit suicideNew York Daily NewsA despondent South Carolina mother said her 13-year-old son, Brandon, committed suicide because he was incessantly bullied at school. Regina Alexander told WBTV that her son's last words to her as she left for work Friday night were, “'I love […]
- Deputies investigating possible bullying incident on China school bus - WMTW Portland November 21, 2014Deputies investigating possible bullying incident on China school busWMTW PortlandThe 9-year-old's grandmother, who did not want to be identified, said the bullying has been going on for several months. "It shows him taking her by the head of the hair and driving her face into the window of the school bus. It's gone beyond bullying […]
- The day I slugged a bully - Chicago Tribune November 20, 2014The day I slugged a bullyChicago TribuneBullying is all the rage in modern American society. Gone are the worries about polio, yellow fever and starvation because the crops didn't come in. Parents need something to preoccupy their desire to fret. Schools are focused on teaching across-the ...and more »
- Mother pulls student out of Medina ISD after bullying - KENS 5 TV November 20, 2014KENS 5 TVMother pulls student out of Medina ISD after bullyingKENS 5 TVSAN ANTONIO -- The Center for Disease Control said 3.2 million students are the victim of bullying every year and girls between the ages of 10 and 14 year old have an elevated risk of suicide from that bullying. Until last Friday, 11-year-old […]
- Bullying Prevention: The Power of Empathy - Huffington Post November 17, 2014Woodstock Sentinel ReviewBullying Prevention: The Power of EmpathyHuffington PostOctober was National Bullying Prevention Month. For many schools and programs, this signifies a time to amp up anti-bullying messages, hashtags, rallies, posters and t-shirts. It's time for workshops ranging from how to be an upstander to how to reduce ...Croton Students Embrace Bullying Prevention on Unity DayPatch.comSchool […]
- Do anti-bullying campaigns even work? - The Week Magazine November 14, 2014The Week MagazineDo anti-bullying campaigns even work?The Week MagazineOctober was National Bullying Prevention Month, a campaign that "encourages everyone to take an active role in the bullying prevention movement." But considering that the rate of bullying seems pretty much constant, it's worth asking: Is this movement ...Roanoke City Schools starts 24-hour bullying hotlineWDBJ7all 10 news […]
- Workplace Bullying a Taboo Problem - PsychCentral.com November 23, 2014