- Employees take on bullying - Minnesota Daily April 23, 2014Employees take on bullyingMinnesota DailyBullying isn't just a problem in middle schools. University of Minnesota officials are addressing bullying in the workplace, but some say the issue stems from the top and the institution's leaders need to set a better example. The Office of Equal ...
- South Fayette school meeting crowd silent on bullying - Pittsburgh Post Gazette April 23, 2014South Fayette school meeting crowd silent on bullyingPittsburgh Post GazetteAbout 50 members of the public attended the South Fayette school board meeting tonight, but they stayed silent on the recent bullying controversy that had drawn many of them to attend. School officials did not discuss any bullying issues, and when ...
- This was clearly bad advice on bullying but do we know the right approach? - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog) April 22, 2014Guardian Liberty VoiceThis was clearly bad advice on bullying but do we know the right approach?Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)I have sympathy for the Nebraska school now in the national spotlight for a bullying flyer with recommendations that parents found troubling, including don't tattle on bullies as it will get them mad and don't be a sore […]
- Students spend school day focused on issue of bullying - Fox 59 April 22, 2014Students spend school day focused on issue of bullyingFox 59Students are filming a public service announcement about bullying, while down the hall, other students sign an anti-bullying pledge. “It's the first time we've ever set aside an entire day for a theme like this,” said principal Harold Olin. Recently ...School focuses on bullying for an ent […]
- House may pursue scaled-back anti-bullying bill - DesMoinesRegister.com April 22, 2014Kansas City StarHouse may pursue scaled-back anti-bullying billDesMoinesRegister.comThe anti-bullying bill Gov. Terry Branstad proposed when the 2014 legislative session began appears unlikely to pass in these final days before adjournment, but key lawmakers are holding out hope for a scaled back version. Legislators are discussing ...Legislature aims to tac […]
- The Autistic Boy at the Center of the Maryland Bullying Case Is More Than a Victim - Slate Magazine (blog) April 22, 2014Slate Magazine (blog)The Autistic Boy at the Center of the Maryland Bullying Case Is More Than a VictimSlate Magazine (blog)The Washington Post published more details about what's emerging as one of the more heartbreaking bullying stories in recent years. A teenage boy identified as Michael and described as autistic started writing love letters to a pre […]
- Taking a stand: How to deal with bullies in the workplace - Phoenix Business Journal April 22, 2014Taking a stand: How to deal with bullies in the workplacePhoenix Business JournalThinking back to the days of our youth, tales of bullies scouring the school hallways for their next victim was common place. Name-calling, taunting and being made fun of for no reason other than the fact that you existed was often a rite of passage ...and more »
- Join C2E2 celebrity guests at anti-bullying fundraiser Sat night - ChicagoNow (blog) April 22, 2014Join C2E2 celebrity guests at anti-bullying fundraiser Sat nightChicagoNow (blog)Chicago, April 20, 2014 – Pop Culture Anti-Bullying Coalition will present a panel, two workshops, and an off-site mixer for celebrities, press and fans this weekend at C2E2. The event is expected to garner C2E2 celebrity participation and press ...
- Bullying leaves scars into middle age - Washington Post April 22, 2014MedscapeBullying leaves scars into middle ageWashington PostBeing bullied at the age of 7 and 11 also was associated with personal feelings of poor general health at age 23 and 50, and with poor cognitive functioning at age 50, according to the study in the American Journal of Psychiatry. Bullied children did ...Study: Childhood Bullying Victims Still Suffer […]
- The Psychological Toll Of Childhood Bullying Can Persist For Decades - Forbes April 19, 2014PsychCentral.comThe Psychological Toll Of Childhood Bullying Can Persist For DecadesForbesA new study in the American Journal of Psychiatry finds what others had hinted at but not quite arrived at: That the effects of childhood bullying can last not only through adolescence and young adulthood, but also through middle age. Earlier studies ...Mental And Physi […]
- Employees take on bullying - Minnesota Daily April 23, 2014