- Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullying - WCSH-TV December 20, 2014Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullyingWCSH-TVBRUNSWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Maine Human Rights Commission is preparing to take the Brunswick School Department to court because of alleged bullying at the Brunswick Junior High School. The case involves a boy whose family said was ...Rights panel suing over bullying caseTimes Record (subscription)all 2 […]
- Study: Cyber bullying highest during holidays - KERO-TV 23 December 19, 2014KERO-TV 23Study: Cyber bullying highest during holidaysKERO-TV 23The holiday season has shown to be problematic for students as cyber bullying goes on the rise during the holidays. Experts say more than half may be taunted by school bullies in the comfort of their own homes. "Students are on their devices all the ...
- Parents allege rampant bullying at Clay County school - First Coast News December 19, 2014First Coast NewsParents allege rampant bullying at Clay County schoolFirst Coast NewsMIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- Parents of a student attacked at a Clay County junior high school say they are taking their daughter out of that school, fed up with constant bullying there and what they say is a lack of response from school administrators and […]
- SPASH Students Push to End Bullying Among Younger Grades - WSAW December 19, 2014WSAWSPASH Students Push to End Bullying Among Younger GradesWSAW"We decided the best place that we would try to make an impact was at the 5th and 6th grade level where they are noticing [bullying]," said Brett Lesniak, the FCCLA adviser for SPASH. 'It's having an impact on them and hopefully they can change the ...and […]
- New Jersey anti-bullying message sinking in, superintendents say - lehighvalleylive.com December 19, 2014lehighvalleylive.comNew Jersey anti-bullying message sinking in, superintendents saylehighvalleylive.comProviding an accounting of reported incidents from every school district in New Jersey, the report has included a category for bullying the last three years. "I think that you're starting to see three years of reinforcing that: that this is becoming ...
- Clarksville girl's bullying experience inspires change - Clarksville Leaf Chronicle December 19, 2014Clarksville girl's bullying experience inspires changeClarksville Leaf ChronicleBeard went through all the legal networks to establish, “Haylee's Hurt Helps,” in an effort to help not only her daughter but give support to all children in the Clarksville-Montgomery County area who are victims of bullying. Haylee's Hurt Helps ...
- Dearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at school - Detroit Free Press December 19, 2014Dearborn Heights teen charges anti-Arab bullying at schoolDetroit Free PressA freshman girl at a high school in Dearborn Heights was repeatedly bullied and then assaulted because of her Arab ethnicity, according to a civil rights complaint filed Thursday. "They made me scared to walk in the hallways," said Amaya Almawri, a ...Teen claims anti-Arab bullying […]
- Fairfield superintendent: Rumors of bullying in teen's suicide not true - WLWT Cincinnati December 19, 2014WLWT CincinnatiFairfield superintendent: Rumors of bullying in teen's suicide not trueWLWT Cincinnati“Our teachers and administrators work daily to teach all students positive behavior and to combat bullying whenever and wherever it is witnessed or reported,” Otten wrote. “That certainly does not mean there is no bullying in our schools. It would be ...Conflicting reports on […]
- Mom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying - 9NEWS.com December 17, 20149NEWS.comMom drafts parent-to-parent letter on bullying9NEWS.comShe is a parent at Powderhorn Elementary School in south Jefferson County. She says bullying is an issue at her school like it is at every school, but, she wants parents to take time this holiday season to talk with their kids and take a more proactive ...Kolka: Parents and […]
- Did racial bullying spur girl's suicide? Dad thinks so - Cincinnati.com December 17, 2014Cincinnati.comDid racial bullying spur girl's suicide? Dad thinks soCincinnati.comSchool officials said they had no record that seventh-grader Emilie Grace Olsen, who was adopted and was of Chinese descent, reported any bullying by classmates. Early in the fall, school officials had said there had been communications from Emilie's ...Ohio 13-year-old kills self after being bullied: parentsNew York […]
- Human Rights Commission to sue Brunswick schools over bullying - WCSH-TV December 20, 2014