- Yik Yak disables app in Chicago amid bullying concerns - ABC7Chicago.com March 7, 2014ChicagoNowYik Yak disables app in Chicago amid bullying concernsABC7Chicago.comMarch 6, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There's no shortage of new social networking apps, but a new one has some school administrators worried it's fueling bullying. Yik Yak anonymously connects up to 500 people who are physically close to each other.Parents warned about socia […]
- Bullying in the schools, what Silver City's La Plata Middle School is doing to ... - Silver City Sun News March 7, 2014Bullying in the schools, what Silver City's La Plata Middle School is doing to ...Silver City Sun NewsSILVER CITY >> About three weeks ago, an incident occurred at La Plata Middle School involving bullying. Due to confidentiality issues, administrators at the school would not elaborate on the incident, but it led to a few parents and school ...
- Five students, teacher accused in connection with Parma bullying incident - The Plain Dealer March 6, 2014Five students, teacher accused in connection with Parma bullying incidentThe Plain DealerPARMA, Ohio -- Five Parma Senior High School students and a substitute teacher are accused in connection with a bullying incident involving a student with a developmental disability that occurred last Friday, according to police. Two boys and one girl ...and more »
- Federal agency investigates bullying complaint in Swansea school district - Belleville News Democrat March 6, 2014Belleville News DemocratFederal agency investigates bullying complaint in Swansea school districtBelleville News DemocratThe U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights is investigating allegations of racially motivated bullying at Wolf Branch Middle School in Swansea. Wolf Branch School District 113 Superintendent Scott Harres confirmed parent Prem […]
- 'Upstanders' at Glen Este schools start movement to fight bullying - WLWT Cincinnati March 6, 2014'Upstanders' at Glen Este schools start movement to fight bullyingWLWT CincinnatiSo, they've started a movement to teach people how. “We looked around and we saw bullying and we saw nobody reporting it, so we came up with the idea to get people to become “upstanders” instead of “bystanders,” Madison Shepard, a sixth-grader, said.
- Controversial DVD Argues Against Anti-Bullying Bill - CBS Local March 6, 2014Controversial DVD Argues Against Anti-Bullying BillCBS LocalST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) – UPDATED at 7:25 p.m. A controversial DVD delivered to Minnesota lawmakers is raising eyebrows at the Capitol. It's a 27 minute video making the case against an anti-bullying bill from a group called the Minnesota Child ...
- Mom speaks out about alleged bullying on school bus - WFSB March 6, 2014Mom speaks out about alleged bullying on school busWFSBA mother in Old Lyme is pushing for adult monitors on school buses after she said her son was the victim of bullying. Jeannie Goldberg told Eyewitness News her son, who has autism, was a victim of bullying last September. Goldberg has been driving her ...
- Jonathan Martin -- Cyber-Bullying Justin Bieber ... You Should Be Ashamed Of ... - TMZ.com March 5, 2014TMZ.comJonathan Martin -- Cyber-Bullying Justin Bieber ... You Should Be Ashamed Of ...TMZ.com'cause alleged bullying victim Jonathan Martin went online last night to CYBER-BULLY Justin Bieber ... telling the pop star he's an EMBARRASSMENT. Out of the blue, Martin went on Twitter and wrote: "Never be embarrassed of who you are ... Unless you […]
- NJ schools start releasing anti-bullying grades - The Star-Ledger March 5, 2014NJ schools start releasing anti-bullying gradesThe Star-LedgerAll districts were required to complete a 20-page self-assessment developed by the Department of Education to measure their implementation of the state's tough anti-bullying law. All districts must post their grades on their website by March 18. “We ...School districts have until March 18 to […]
- Mom shares teacher's 'brilliant' secret for fighting bullying, easing loneliness - Today.com March 5, 2014Mom shares teacher's 'brilliant' secret for fighting bullying, easing lonelinessToday.comMelton, a writer and mother of three, learned about the secret method her son's fifth teacher uses to help prevent bullying one day when she went to the teacher for math help. (Not for her son, she clarified on her blog — for herself, because she ...
- Yik Yak disables app in Chicago amid bullying concerns - ABC7Chicago.com March 7, 2014