- Anti-bullying policy raises free speech concern from professor - UW Badger Herald January 29, 2015UW Badger HeraldAnti-bullying policy raises free speech concern from professorUW Badger HeraldA recently introduced anti-bullying policy at the University of Wisconsin is causing concern among faculty and staff, who worry that an abuse of the policy may infringe on free speech and thinking. After realizing UW did not have any standard ...
- Educators on board with Casey's anti-bullying bill - Bucks County Courier Times January 29, 2015Bucks County Courier TimesEducators on board with Casey's anti-bullying billBucks County Courier TimesHe cited a 2009 Department of Education study that found bullying and harassment affects nearly one in every three American students between the ages of 12 and 18. Another study estimates that 160,000 students in the U.S. do not attend school each day ...and […]
- A question about bullying: PennLive letters - PennLive.com January 29, 2015A question about bullying: PennLive lettersPennLive.comWe see the results of bullying in our schools — it is sometimes fatal (school shootings). Therefore we teach our children to never bully anyone for any reason (race, disabilities, religion, etc.) It's wrong. However, when adults bully for any reason ...
- Father fights bullying since his son's suicide - WFMZ Allentown January 29, 2015lehighvalleylive.comFather fights bullying since his son's suicideWFMZ AllentownFather fights bullying since his son's suicide. BETHLEHEM, Pa. -. After losing his son to suicide, a father is using his heartbreak to educate parents and kids across the county. John Halligan, of New York, spoke to students at Nitschmann Middle School ...Bethlehem students learn about sorrow, remorse […]
- Parent outraged with alleged bullying at middle school - First Coast News January 28, 2015First Coast NewsParent outraged with alleged bullying at middle schoolFirst Coast News"I'm a good student," she said. "I have my moments sometime, but I'm a good student." Prince,16, said bullying has been her biggest challenge all school year. "They try to cut my hair, they throw stuff at me," Sierra said. "They also try to […]
- Port Huron Schools tackles bullying with challenge - Port Huron Times Herald January 28, 2015Port Huron Times HeraldPort Huron Schools tackles bullying with challengePort Huron Times HeraldPort Huron Schools is about to tackle bullying in a big way — and the district wants the community involved. The schools will have a district-wide anti-bullying challenge day on Feb. 10. The program, "Rachel's Challenge," includes multiple programs ...
- Taylor Swift pens beautiful open letter to fan about bullying - SheKnows.com January 28, 2015FanBolt.ComTaylor Swift pens beautiful open letter to fan about bullyingSheKnows.com"I get bullied everyday, and I try to #ShakeItOff. One of the biggest reasons why I get bullied is my name. I couldn't even tell you the amount of times I've been bullied because of it. I've been punched for it, etc. I also get bullied […]
- Irish School Plans Workshop Against Anti-Homophobic Bullying, Then Cancels It ... - The Inquisitr January 28, 2015The InquisitrIrish School Plans Workshop Against Anti-Homophobic Bullying, Then Cancels It ...The InquisitrSince the news broke of the school's canceling the anti-bullying workshops, the school has disputed some aspects of ShoutOut's version of the story. First, the school rejects the claim that the workshops were planned and about to happen, and then ...Irish school 'postpones' […]
- ACGC parents express concerns about bullying - West Central Tribune January 28, 2015ACGC parents express concerns about bullyingWest Central TribuneACGC Superintendent Sherri Broderius told the Tribune in a later interview that the district has made multiple efforts to combat bullying. She said students have attended several bullying prevention presentations and classes. Broderius also said every ...
- Former MSU basketball player Anthony Ianni brings anti-bullying messages to ... - MLive.com January 28, 2015MLive.comFormer MSU basketball player Anthony Ianni brings anti-bullying messages to ...MLive.comIanni is a motivational speaker for Autism Alliance of Michigan and on Tuesday, Jan. 27, he spoke to about 800 students as part of his "Relentless Tour" against bullying. The tour is in its second year and will hit 20 Jackson County schools within the […]
- Anti-bullying policy raises free speech concern from professor - UW Badger Herald January 29, 2015