- Family raising awareness of bullying as kids head back to school - CBS46 News Atlanta August 3, 2015CBS46 News AtlantaFamily raising awareness of bullying as kids head back to schoolCBS46 News AtlantaIt's a subject that not many like to talk about but parents and teachers in districts across the state admit that bullying is a major problem in schools. Despite the fact that Georgia has a law against bullying, school administrators say […]
- Anti-bullying rally offers great message to small crowd - Sierra Vista Herald August 3, 2015Sierra Vista HeraldAnti-bullying rally offers great message to small crowdSierra Vista HeraldBENSON — A countywide anti-bullying event that featured a line-up of keynote speakers, entertainment, vendors and fun activities for children drew a dismal-sized crowd Saturday, with organizers pointing to the hot, stormy weather as a reason for the ...and more »
- Canoeing to End Bullying - FOX 21 Online August 3, 2015FOX 21 OnlineCanoeing to End BullyingFOX 21 OnlineBuddies not Bullies has reached the Twin Cities by water after canoeing on the Mississippi River for more than a month now. During the journey the nonprofits CFO Scott Murtley fell ill and was diagnosed with a disease similar to lymes. He is in ...
- Foreign journalists are bullying Nauru in asylum abuse reports, president claims - The Guardian August 3, 2015The GuardianForeign journalists are bullying Nauru in asylum abuse reports, president claimsThe Guardian“By another name it is pure bullying.” Waqa also defended Nauru's legal system following a crisis last year that led to the resignation of the country's Australian chief justice and sole magistrate, amid claims of political interference in the judicial ...Nauru president Baron […]
- Elderly couple provides 'safe school' in their home: a solution to bullying? - Christian Science Monitor August 2, 2015Elderly couple provides 'safe school' in their home: a solution to bullying?Christian Science MonitorNorthleigh House School was established in 2012 to address the growing need for a safe, calm and progressive learning environment for secondary aged children who, mainly as a result of being bullied or perceiving themselves to have been so, cannot ...and more »
- Obese Kids a Universal Target for Bullies - HealthDay August 2, 2015Obese Kids a Universal Target for BulliesHealthDayResearchers who surveyed more than 2,800 adults in the United States, Canada, Iceland and Australia said at least 70 percent of respondents believed that weight was a common reason for bullying. A similar number regarded weight-related bullying as a ...and more »
- Lessons from bullying: Be your own champion - STLtoday.com August 2, 2015Lessons from bullying: Be your own championSTLtoday.comRegarding "Pattonville parents urge an offensive to counter bullying" (July 29): Rachel McCormick, hang in there! I too was bullied when I was in high school. It was a tough ride, but thankfully the school stepped in. It taught me to be my own champion ...
- New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullying - Tribune-Review August 1, 2015New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullyingTribune-ReviewThe New Kensington-Arnold School Board is in the process of updating policies relating to suicide and bullying. The board in July approved the first draft of an updated policy addressing suicide awareness, prevention and response. It includes links to ...
- Bullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says study - Washington Post July 30, 2015CBS LocalBullies are happier, have more sex appeal, says studyWashington PostSomehow, it seems unfair. But a new study called “Survival of the Fittest and the Sexiest” published in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence has found that adolescent bullies have higher self-esteem and social status, as well as lower rates of ...Study: Bullies Have Higher Self-Esteem, […]
- Army set to crack down on cyber bullying - ArmyTimes.com July 29, 2015ArmyTimes.comArmy set to crack down on cyber bullyingArmyTimes.comCyber bullying among service members is getting out of hand, and Army leaders are calling on soldiers to straighten up — or face some career-ending consequences. In an All-Army Activities message issued Monday, the service reminded soldiers about ...
- Family raising awareness of bullying as kids head back to school - CBS46 News Atlanta August 3, 2015