- On kids, social media and bullying - Minneapolis Star Tribune October 9, 2015Minneapolis Star TribuneOn kids, social media and bullyingMinneapolis Star TribuneMy daughter is 10 and just asked if she could get an Instagram account. The most surprising part of this is not that she wants one but that most of her classmates already have one, which shows how ubiquitous social media has become. I am not […]
- Defining, preventing bullying in Utah schools - KSL.com October 9, 2015KSL.comDefining, preventing bullying in Utah schoolsKSL.comSALT LAKE CITY — The National Association of School Psychologists reports more than 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day in the U.S. because of bullying. Seventeen percent of ...and more »
- Are you with a bullying partner? - The Salem News October 9, 2015Are you with a bullying partner?The Salem NewsOctober is anti-bullying month and it's a great time for parents and children to take control of the bullies in their lives. The focus of stop-bullying campaigns is often on child bullying, but bullying in adult couples needs attention too. Husbands ...
- Lowell Elementary counters bullying with chalk - Duluth News Tribune October 9, 2015Duluth News TribuneLowell Elementary counters bullying with chalkDuluth News TribuneIn addition to hanging posters about bullying around the school, students will be creating a tree out of paper hands with the words "Bully-free starts with me" written on the hands. The students have been focusing on the theme of being "askers ...Students work to curb […]
- Hailee's Law is changing how Nevada schools handle bullying - News3LV October 8, 2015News3LVHailee's Law is changing how Nevada schools handle bullyingNews3LV"It's going to be a place that provides training and information for school districts so they can train their teachers and administrators on how to conduct investigations and how to recognize signs of bullying," said Lamberth. "Also, there's going to ...and more »
- Anti-bullying activist inspires elementary students - WIBW October 8, 2015WIBWAnti-bullying activist inspires elementary studentsWIBW"It starts in preschool and it kind of increases and peaks in middle school where it's really intense," said Bully Safe USA founder SuEllen Fried. With the rise in school shootings and adolescents suicides, understanding how to properly address ...
- Anti-bullying laws appear to be working - CNN October 8, 2015CNNAnti-bullying laws appear to be workingCNNBullying behavior is meant to scare, isolate and humiliate the victim. It can come in the form of threats, spreading rumors, attacks or purposeful exclusion of the victim. Bullying can create deep emotional scars for victims and for bystanders who ...Community fights back against bullyingWXOW.comPrinceton students beat up bullyingShreveport TimesMagid: […]
- Holy Savior Academy combats bullying - MyCentralJersey.com October 8, 2015MyCentralJersey.comHoly Savior Academy combats bullyingMyCentralJersey.comHoly Savior Academy students , from left, Skylar Talley, seventh grade, Courtney Brizard, fifth grade, and Jae Jean-Simon, seventh grade participate in game-show style quiz during an assembly Oct. 6 about the dangers of bullying. Anti-bullying expert ...
- Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez: 'I definitely haven't gone untouched' by ... - Entertainment Weekly October 8, 2015Entertainment WeeklyJane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez: 'I definitely haven't gone untouched' by ...Entertainment Weekly“Dealing with online bullying, or bullying in general personally has only empowered me to use my voice even more, especially for those who haven't gained the tools to speak up for themselves,” says Rodriguez, who is part of CustomInk's 5th annual […]
- How to recognize bullying — and stop it - azcentral.com October 8, 2015azcentral.comHow to recognize bullying — and stop itazcentral.comThe term bullying has become commonplace in schools, on school buses, on television, in movies, on the Internet and on playgrounds. Unfortunately, it is a term that is misused and misunderstood and can be extremely harmful. It is no longer a district ...
- On kids, social media and bullying - Minneapolis Star Tribune October 9, 2015